Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you want in your custom garage?

Mandelon
    We are going to start a new division building and remodeling garages. I see a big enough demand here and not any real competition here in SD.
    The plan is to build custom garages from the ground up with whatever they want. I've got a plan supplier with a couple dozen different styles. No more kitchens and bathrooms. Too many problems. It would also refurb existing garages from junkholder status to the cool ones with textured walls, epoxy or tile floors, nice cabinets counters, air compressors, and all that stuff.
    I want to work up a brochure and unit pricing, so I need to know what to offer, so here is the question:
    What do you want in your garage?
    Thanks.

Jungle Boy
    All the cool shops up in Alberta have wood burning stoves and a place sit and watch races on TV. A stove hood is nice to BBQ some snacks too.

I guess the first thing you'll want to know is you DON'T texture the interior wall in a garage! Clean and smooth, just like a .....

wsuwrhr
    The first thing you need to do before you show up at my house is to figure out how to turn San Bernardino away for their "accessories cannot be over 50% of the FOOTPRINT of the house"
    That squashed all hopes of making the garage big enough to install the jet in my boat.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    In addition,
    I want enough room to have 2 cars wide and 2 cars deep.
    approx 22x40
    enough room for a lathe, mill air compressor and such.
    When can you have it done?
    Brian

burbanite
    I've been acquiring a few bits and pieces along the way ready to do the remodel. A stainless beer fridge (duh, of course), furnace, air con, tv/home theater system, proper industrial cabinets with divided drawers and slide out racks, large stainless tool boxes(out go the ugly red Snap-on's), cool drop down halogens to compliment the flouro's. Did I mention a beer fridge?
    Compressor is here, will be fully plumbed throughout, Tig welder still to come. Flooring? I'm undecided, not sure if I want the epoxy or stained concrete.
    Large storage area above and a beer fridge.

wsuwrhr
    and dont texture the walls. collects way too much dirt in a garage.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by burbanite
    I've been acquiring a few bits and pieces along the way ready to do the remodel. A stainless beer fridge (duh, of course), furnace, air con, tv/home theater system, proper industrial cabinets with divided drawers and slide out racks, large stainless tool boxes(out go the ugly red Snap-on's), cool drop down halogens to compliment the flouro's. Did I mention a beer fridge?
    Compressor is here, will be fully plumbed throughout, Tig welder still to come. Flooring? I'm undecided, not sure if I want the epoxy or stained concrete.
    Large storage area above and a beer fridge.
    Send those ugly ass red boxes my way pal....
    where is the lightning bolt?
    Brian

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast