Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mini schiada pics, riverdave!!!!

spectras only
    Originally posted by RiverDave [/i]
    [B]Well to be perfectly honest SpectrasOnly, I don't really have any intentions of insuring the 10'er..
    RD [/QUOTE] Ah oh, remember the flak you got when posting your pics with the silver in your hand .You'll be in troubled water Dave

STV_Keith
    RD, look into some ride-guide or rotary single cable steering (not cable-pulley, sheathed cable). Way more practical and cost effective on that thing.

Tom Brown
    Come on, Keith. I was waiting to hear about his trials as he tries to fit a hydraulic ram to the Tohatsu.
    By the way, I'd go with the Teleflex NFB single cable system, myself.
    ... and a high dollar custom Impy leather wrapped wheel because... well... come on.

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    As far as making it Fit Mr. Brown.. I don't think that'll be an issue.
    It's nothing a few more pounds of billet won't solve, eh?
    Dave, check out the ideas Keith and I have given you. Seriously. Hydraulic steering is silly on the 10' hull and won't make it any more pimp.
    Greg Moss could hook you up with an NFB system for a couple of hundred bucks. That SeaStar Pro will cost you $650 if you get a smoking deal.
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    ...and a high dollar leather wrapped 10 inch Le Carra steering wheel.
    ****ing A! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

spectras only
    Dave , a Koenig OB with tuned pipes would look absolutely bitchen with dual cable setup on your boat

Tom Brown
    How about a pic, SO?
    By the way, Dave... I'm sure you know that I think your project is cool. I think I have some insight into why you want to pimp out your little boat. I'm pimping out my old CVX-16 with some cool shit and a Merc 2.5 EFI.
    I would encourage you to make your choices carefully, that's all. If that boat weighed less than 250 to begin with, I wouldn't be too cavalier about 5 pounds here or 5 pounds there. If you jack it up to 350 with fuel, stereo, billet stuff, new gel (don't forget... that adds weight too...), it won't be as fun to drive. Your ass is getting bigger by the minute too. Small boats are a blast to drive, launching off wakes and generally being an asshole.
    Just my opinion, Dave... I could be wrong.

spectras only
    Tom , my buddy used to race a Koenig powered boat in the old country [it was quite common there],but since it's rare as hen's teeth over here , I'll post a substitute for Dave http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Merc34.jpg

Tom Brown
    WTF? That looks like a Merc L6 bolted to... some sort of mid... with a speedmaster.

What's with the horizontal tube at the back of the tower?
    I've got the L6-150 powerhead covered, Dave.

spectras only
    Those merc 6's with speedmasters from the 50's were cool BTW those tubes were longer and smaller in dia on the Koenigs.

STV_Keith
    Hey Dave, the Sea Star pro is nice. My dad had that on his Checkmate with a Johnson V-8 outboard. Bit overkill if you asked me. One thing about those too...they are non-centering helms. I never liked that.
    Hey Brown, so you like the L6 Merc motors huh? Can you identify these?
    http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/misc/126-2655_img.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast