Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mini schiada pics, riverdave!!!!

Tom Brown
    No, I can't.
    Are those Merc castings? I recognize the old distributor mechanicals but that's about it.
    By the way, I love that toolbox. I'm thinking of popping for that big stainless box that CostCo sells but it's no where near as nice as the box in your picture.

STV_Keith
    I'll let you mull it over for a bit...can't just give it away to ya.
    I will say that they are all the same. Gotta have spares you know!

Tom Brown
    Keith,
    Do you guys need/want any L6 parts? I'm parting out a 1978 L6 - 150 and you're welcome to anything but the gear case (which I think has been sold).
    There is a new set of plug wires there, good switch boxes, etc., etc.
    The more I think about it... I'll have the whole engine (minus gear case... unless that deal craps out) delivered to your door... if you like.

P P R
    yes, mine is off white and orange,power trim ect. As soon as i get it back from paint i'll try to post a pic. If i can that could be the hard part.

STV_Keith
    Dave, non-centering means that when you get to full lock one way or the other, the wheel will continue to turn, so it never stops. Problem is if you "overturn it" half a turn, now the wheel is upside down when it comes back to center of steering.

STV_Keith
    Tom, no more guesses?

Tom Brown
    I would guess J block but the truth is I just don't know.

All true hydraulic steering systems are non centering, in other words the have no true and permanent center point the wheel returns to consistantly for straight ahead. This is true because they are 100% fluid controlled without a mechanical connection. It is why our wired trim switches will not work on hydraulic steering and the same reason we came out the the RCT systems (Rex cordless trim).
    Now so called "add-on" hydraulic controlled by a cable to a shuttle valve don't qualify as full hydraulic and the above does not apply to them.

STV_Keith
    Tom, ever heard of a T2x? Kinda in the same lineup as the 150.
    It went 1500, 1500XS, Twister, Twister 1, Twister 2 then Twister 2x. The T2x was the last and strongest of the factory race L6's. The next motor built was the 1750XS (T3), the first V-6 race motor.
    The T2x is a 99cu in L6, reportedly 200 flywheel HP. The T2x also shared the T3 midsection and speedmaster. Basically looks like a 12" version of a 2.4 Offshore mid. Early T2x's shared the C6 mid with the older T2's.
    Not too bad for 1970's technology huh?

Tom Brown
    Sure, I've heard of the t2x. Norris Wallace was a big fan (I assume still is) and shared some pictures and information about them. That was a long time ago and I've since forgotten where I heard about that stuff...
    I didn't hear 200 hp at the flywheel, though. I heard 180.
    Have you ever put one on a powerhead dyno? It would be cool to see how one makes out. The L6 is a cool configuration and silky smooth when balanced out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast