Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: mini schiada pics, riverdave!!!!

STV_Keith
    Norris...you mean Raceman? Geez...that guy has all the cool shit, won't part with any of it, and just hordes it all so no one else can have any.
    I guess if it's collectors shit, fine, but for the guys looking to build the classic race boats again (like my dad, Olegator - Jim Hunt, etc) it makes it tough.

Tom Brown
    Yes, Raceman. He's a pack rat but if you're buddies with him he might help you out.

STV_Keith
    Yeah, you can feel it. In your boat it wouldn't be an issue, but with the big V-8, steering torque would actually overpower the system and cause you to constantly have to turn left a little when you were on it.

h2ospdskir
    hey dave the boat looks great . by the way there is still two more in better shape want pics.

spectras only
    ]Originally posted by RiverDave [/i]
    [B]Actually, as much as I love the 20/21 Schiada's, my next big boat will more then likely be a 24' Spectra. I like the idea of being able to run on the big weekends at 80+ , and have a decent cuddy below [even in the XS model] to boot

flat broke
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Actually, as much as I love the 20/21 Schiada's, my next big boat will more then likely be a 24' Spectra. I like the idea of being able to run on the big weekends at 80+
    RD
    That would explain why you "offed" the 20' project. No time to waste on a small boat eh?
    Chris

h2ospdskir
    hey dave your right wrong thread . you bought that one from me

flat broke
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I "offed" it becuase I was broke and needed money badly.. LOL
    The ****er of it is, I regret selling it knowing that I'd have a 1/2 rigged Spectra 20 today..
    RD
    I's justa givin yas a little ribbin Dave. Things happen for reasons, and at the rate things were goin, the 20 would have be out at Barneys when he went away and the whole project would have stalled. The way it went down, you got your $$ out of the deal and were able to start the mini me project. On the bright side, if you just want a moderately fast 24, you'll be big coin ahead of what you had planned for that 20.
    Chris

SPECTRABRENT
    Hey Dave,
    I like your choice on the Spectra 24, but 80? My Spectra 24 should be running pretty soon with a 540 (700 HP), so we will see what the top speed will be.
    I am still trying to figure out why you sold your Spectra 20 for the little Schiada. Dont you build the little boat after the big one is done?
    There is a little Schiada @ JOes Tooling get some work done, I think it getting the seem & holes filled.
    Good Luck,
    Brent

SPECTRABRENT
    Dave,
    I do know of the Spectra 24 Parnelli Jones owned, it belongs to a friend of mine (Mark Greening). I have ridden in the boat many times with a 565 (700 HP) and it runs hard, but not 80. I know that Parnelli Jones had a big twin turbo setup when he owned the boat and to get up to 80 and beyond it would take at least double or more of what Mark's current motor is putting out.
    If you want to go real fast, I say would get rid of the v-drive and install a I/O.
    If mine runs decent with the 540, then I may install a intercooled 14/71.
    Brent

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345