Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: options for dropping a '02 Sierra

cyclone
    i drove every single one of my body dropped trucks daily. except for all the tickets i got, they were fairly reliable.

Hotcrusader76
    I will have to agree. Crazey Customs did my work and I believe I only had a problem the first day with a bad solenoid, replaced it and I was up and towing on a regular basis.
    The key was getting the right shocks for the job....KYB was the only way to go. No rubbing, no leaking, no popping.
    I will say that I sat a little higher in the cab.

HBjet
    Originally posted by cyclone
    i drove every single one of my body dropped trucks daily. except for all the tickets i got, they were fairly reliable.
    Yeah, they look like daily drivers too...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ike001-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ike002-med.jpg
    This is a daily driver... even though it had it's fair share of A/C problems...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0truck-med.jpg
    HBjet

cyclone
    aw hell i miss those trucks. thanks for the reminder jackass!

moonridge
    I lowered my 01 silverado with belltech springs in front. I also went with the 2-4 drop. It was a daily driver. After 1 year of driving it lowered it is now lifted 6 in. I couldnt handle the horrible ride. I like the way it looked just couldnt stand the ride quality. I would strongly recommend that anything with 4 in or more in the rear you use a C-notch. I was constantly on the bump stops. Good luck.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Go with the belltechs and if you want to go a little lower then use a dropped lower control arm. For the rear everyone is right you need to c-notch it. make sure you have someone weld one up for you. i have bagged alot of trucks with the bolt in c-notch and they broke After I told them. make sure you check geometry and shim if needed for the camber. Then take it to a reliable alignment shop.

BLUBYU
    If your only going 2 inches in the front the drop coils work fine and are a lot easier and cheaper than spindles. If your doing a 4 inch in the front they tell you to use 2 inch spindles and 2 inch coils to get your 4 inches so if your only doing a 2 inch drop just use the coils. I've done a 90 1/2 ton, 99 1/2 ton, 99 Tahoe, 91 S-10 Blazer, and 93 S-10 extended cab. Used both Bell Tech and Western Chassis 2 inch coils and they all drove and rode great. Ordered most of them from Sport Truck Direct with no problems what so ever. While it's not an extreme slam, it does give your truck a little attitude with everyday driveability.

goneboatin
    I had a '99 Silverado (new style) that I originally lowered (2/4) with springs, shackles and hangers. It rode good, but there was not enough adjustment for the camber and the tires wore on the insides. After 2 years of wearing out front tires I spent the bucks on Bell tech spindles - what a mistake!
    I lost the ability to make tight turns, I couldn't go through some drive-thrus; and if I was turning and hit a bump, the brake calipers would make a horrendous scraping sound on the upper control arms. If I did it again I go with the lower control arms. I also had the rear c-notched and bagged so I could put some weight in the back or tow without bottoming out all the time.

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by goneboatin
    I had a '99 Silverado (new style) that I originally lowered (2/4) with springs, shackles and hangers. It rode good, but there was not enough adjustment for the camber and the tires wore on the insides. After 2 years of wearing out front tires I spent the bucks on Bell tech spindles - what a mistake!
    I lost the ability to make tight turns, I couldn't go through some drive-thrus; and if I was turning and hit a bump, the brake calipers would make a horrendous scraping sound on the upper control arms. If I did it again I go with the lower control arms. I also had the rear c-notched and bagged so I could put some weight in the back or tow without bottoming out all the time.
    Wow, I had been led to believe that drop spindles were the ultimate answer, due to the alignment issues associated with teh other lowering methods.......learn something new every day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12