Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: THE SEARCH IS OVER (I Got a V-Drive)

Lakes,
    Kick ass sweet my brotha,
    Verry impressive for a first v-drive. Like said above make sure you have the proper safety gear, & continue to get the help from the boards. You will be amazed how much you have to learn.
    BTW- the first time out in my old Hondo I spun it & put it up on the beach. Can you say the word "Humble"
    I'm thinking you & me have a few testing days at CFW ahead of us.
    Morg.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Very, Very Nice.
    Thanks Fiat, and thanks to you for all your detailed insight over my search.
    LO

Danhercules
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    [B EVERYTHING TO GO RACE , JUST ADD BIG BLOCK CHEV.
    LO [/B]
    I like this part the best. Whacha gonna put in her Lakes? A 502? A Hemi?:devil:

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Holy shit lakes, that is a kick ass boat, good for you, what kind power you putting in it??
    The boat came with BBC plates. I am definitely keeping them. (I have a 1966 396 block and factory forged crank at my disposal.)
    At this time, it is my intention to put a 385 series (429/460) in it. First motor will be just to get my feet wet and sort out new boat/engine combo, etc. Probably just a 600HP-700HP n/a motor.
    If this boat deal were a flat, I would have still bought it. I was primarily looking for a GOOD DEAL. But it still holds true that I feel I should play it safe for now.
    But yet another reason that the hydro dealio works out is because I am hoping to bring some new, american-made BBF products to market. These products (some still in R&D, others tested and ready for release) included aluminum hemi heads, special front covers, special modified oil pumps and pick-ups, a blower manifold, ultra-trick right-angle distributors (for blower clearance), etc. And I think a flashy hydro is the best promotional platform and marketing tool for these products. So if this pans out for me, you can imagine what my second engine will be like.
    LO

Blown 472
    blower manifold and dist drive, will it be lower than that blue thunder monster?? and cheaper?

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by DetroitJim
    Promise us all you will get a chute jacket.
    I was told by John Haas that DiMarco built that hull with the center pod to run Pro Gas Hydro. That's the first hydro I've seen with that steering setup (internal arm) that wasn't a Sanger.
    DJ
    PE/TE 486
    I will be looking for a chute jacket soon, of course.
    I was elated to see the gear-driven steering rack. I wouldn't have felt comfortable at speed with cables and a chain around the steering shaft...the steering really sold me on the boat...
    HUD loved it.
    LO

Sangster
    Right on Lakes....Nice boat...

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    blower manifold and dist drive, will it be lower than that blue thunder monster?? and cheaper?
    My God, BLOWN472, I can't believe I haven't told you about the blower manifolds.
    They sit pretty damn low. I have no hard numbers, can't compare to anything else out there yet. Prices have not yet been set. I intend to campaign for "more than competetive" introductory prices to get eveybody's attention/business...but it's too early to speculate on this any further...I'll be in LA again next week and hope to move things forward...wish me luck.
    LO

Blown 472
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    My God, BLOWN472, I can't believe I haven't told you about the blower manifolds.
    They sit pretty damn low. I have no hard numbers, can't compare to anything else out there yet. Prices have not yet been set. I intend to campaign for "more than competetive" introductory prices to get eveybody's attention/business...but it's too early to speculate on this any further...I'll be in LA again next week and hope to move things forward...wish me luck.
    LO
    I happen to know a guy that has this ford motor that is set up for a blower dealio that could be used as a midwest test bed, hehehehe
    Dude you know we will have to see pics of that boat wif your smokin hot girl in there by, say tomorrow.

superdave013
    YOU DONE GOOD ON THAT ONE! BAD ASS LOOKING RIG FOR SURE

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast