Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: THE SEARCH IS OVER (I Got a V-Drive)

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Kim Hanson
    That boat is "tits "...........( . )( . )................
    Aaaah, yes, the "KIM HANSON SIGNATURE SERIES THUMBS-UP." Thanks man,
    LO
    p.s. Arrived back home in the bay area less than an hour ago...

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by DaveA
    PS Do you remember what you were lookin' at in NC??
    Yeah: Joe Singleton's 1985 TR-5. Complete with all the BBC stuff to make it happen/less long block. Triple axle trailer. Stored since 1990, but pulled out once a year and washed, lubed, etc..
    The guy returned my message...said he was out for a couple days and had 33 messages on his phone machine. The boat was listed on a Tuesday and sold on Thursday.
    It's okay, I'm a happy man
    LO

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 058
    Holy shit...I'm off the board for a few hours and it catches fire....Lakes, BITCHIN boat!!! That thing is smokin' hot. Congrats.
    There you are 058'er! Thanks, man.
    Just got into town and I'm gonna hose myself down and maybe take a nap. :sleeping:
    LO

HOSS
    Sweeeeet!
    Really nice ride. Only problem is you got one and I don`t.

NorCalCat
    Lakes,
    Congrats on the new member of the family! What are you going to put into it for power?

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by DetroitJim
    Sweeeeeet....
    That's the first hydro I've seen with that steering setup (internal arm) that wasn't a Sanger.
    Here's the steering system he's talking about...I hadn't seen one myself, so I don't know how common they are (in case some of you haven't seen it). It's mounted between the stringer's under the bow:
    http://a9.cpimg.com/image/09/C6/3005...-0200017D-.jpg
    ...and linked via a rod to the stern:
    http://a0.cpimg.com/image/0A/C6/3005...-0200017C-.jpg
    I like this when I first saw it...
    LO

P-Money
    Thats the same steering we have on our Cole Hydro, except our "steering rod" (is that the correct term?, I'm a flatbottom guy) goes straight out the back and hooks to the external hardware. I'm curious about the hardware under the deck.

http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...punch4-med.JPG LakesOnly, here's that BIG FORD I was telling you about!

DetroitJim
    That linkage setup is relatively uncommon, my guess would be it was (and is) much simpler and cheaper to run the main arm out through the transom and attach to an arm on the rudder. Disadvantage of this is the need for a flexible mounted shaft seal to keep water out.
    Lake's setup encloses the steering arm within the rudder mount itself so the only hole through the hull is sealed. As long as all the pivots and rod ends are tight it's bulletproof. Like I said, I've only seen it on a few older Sangers. The setup at the front is stout also, mine uses a similar deal from Gordon Schroeder Enterprises. It's a sprint car steering rack.
    DJ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678