Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drag Boat Racing Lights

PCE081
    WOW!!!! Your bucket doesnt break???..... thats interesting to say the least. I don't use a launch controller.....don't need to! When I start, I open the bucket until I feel it load and the close the bucket.....Whack the throttle at "..." and away we go!

Unchained
    . there's a lot more to it than just buying pieces, bolting 'em in, and tossing it out there.
    Well,..... there goes my strategy...............

Cheyenne372
    I don't use a launch controller.....don't need to! When I start, I open the bucket until I feel it load and the close the bucket.....Whack the throttle at "..." and away we go!
    Now Walt....I know that everybody that is not from Pennsylvania is not near as fast or near as smart as you, so I'll clarify the above statement.
    I start my boat at the blinking yellow. When it fires, I open the bucket and leave it open until I feel the boat start to creep forward. I then close the bucket and wait for the countdown to start.
    When the countdown starts, I open the bucket AGAIN on my chosen number, whack the throttle and away we go.

bp
    Now Walt....I know that everybody that is not from Pennsylvania is not near as fast or near as smart as you, so I'll clarify the above statement.
    I start my boat at the blinking yellow. When it fires, I open the bucket and leave it open until I feel the boat start to creep forward. I then close the bucket and wait for the countdown to start.
    When the countdown starts, I open the bucket AGAIN on my chosen number, whack the throttle and away we go.
    just shows that everyone has their own process, and go with what works for them.
    mark, didn't know you had a strategy??? thot you hadda stealth??

Old Guy
    there's a lot more to it than just buying pieces, bolting 'em in, and tossing it out there.
    Well,..... there goes my strategy...............
    Just when you were gettin the hang of it.

Willis
    Understood. So in the case of a jet boat that need to load the pump, they use launch controllers to load the pump before they really get on the gas? I guess its a trial and error thing to set the launch controller to get the boat to leave right then figure out what number on the clock to leave at?
    :argue:
    If you load it wrong and have the wrong equipment or you are new to this sport,
    This can happen
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-...singBucket.gif
    Just my .02
    Willis

steelcomp
    I don't use a launch controller.....don't need to! When I start, I open the bucket until I feel it load and the close the bucket.....Whack the throttle at "..." and away we go!
    PCE108:WOW!!!! Your bucket doesnt break???..... thats interesting to say the least.
    I thought what you said was pretty easy to interpret.

NELSON#109
    Maybe This Wont Help: I Ve Been Trying To Figure It All Out Myself. All I've Come Up With So Far, Is= Cs19 Is Amazing, His Boat Is So Fast That It Doesnt Matter What # U Leave On... U Cant Beat Him. He Has Christ Like Talents... Im Gonna Go Out On A Limb Here, And Say; He And His Boat Cant Be Delt With..... He Is So Good, And His Boat Is So Fast, That Im Thinking About Drilling A Hole In The Bottom Of My Boat And Quiting!!!!! Wait, Maybe I'll Just Give My Boat To Djd, So He Can Know What It's Like To Go Fast.... We'll See... Beat It...... Nelson 108+1

djdtpr
    Nelson,
    I have to agree with ya about cs he is christ like.His boat is the shiznit.But he can be beat,like any other superhero he has his weak points.Just like superman and criptonite there is cs and yeagermiester.
    As far as you boat goes i tol you when you paint white elephants and unicorns on it ill take it.
    P.S. If ya keep talking smack i aint gonna holler out here for ya at anymore drivers meetings! :crossx:

Taylorman
    So who wins, he who gets to the finish line first or he who has the best 1/4 mile time? I know in car racing its he who gets to the finish line first. In a holeshot win, the winner gets to the finish line first but has a higher et. Is there holeshot wins in boat racing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast