Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bypass fuel regulator ?

HP350SC
    I would like to add my own theory regarding placement of BYPASS type regulators. Basic hydraulic theory dictates that the pressure of a liquid on all areas of a pipe,container, whatever is the same as long as the liquid is not compressible. For our purposes (and at typical fuel system pressures), we can say fuel is non-compressible. Therefore I feel that a straight through bypass regulator could be mounted anywhere in between the pump and carbs. with no affect on fuel delivery. As INFO. stated, it is a matter of personal preference, or which location presents a "cleaner" installation.

Infomaniac
    You are correct HP350C. The BG bypass is a straight through valve. I mentioned the same thing but I think it was via PM. Had as much PM traffic on this thread as posts.
    My first choice is after the carbs just in case there are minor pressure drops from flow restrictions of fittings distribution blocks etc. There is a bit of volume (flow) with two big dominators.
    I have even mounted them on the outlet of the pump and returned right back to the pump inlet.

VD CRUISER
    I don't want to add any more question marks to this subject, but is there any chance that a long return line from the bypass regulator plumbed back into the pump inlet line could give the pump a vacuum column to draw on instead of pulling fuel from the tanks. I don't know if this makes sense or not. Any comments?
    Thanks for all the input on my original post

eliminatya
    maximus, i am hoping for 950 to a 1000hp with the addition of the lee intercooler, we'll see what happens. bought some lightning headers, boat will be at tom's shop soon. maxi what do you think about the lightnings?

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by eliminatya
    maximus, i am hoping for 950 to a 1000hp with the addition of the lee intercooler, we'll see what happens. bought some lightning headers, boat will be at tom's shop soon. maxi what do you think about the lightnings?
    1st off as you know I am just ribbing ya! I like the lightings! They are very nice quality & look really bitchen. Every time I look at my imco's I wish I had something a little more trick looking! I don't feel however that they are the best bet for all out performance. In all honesty you probably will not see any problems & it will look very clean! When are you going to run that pig again?

bonesfab
    i have been workin on a 6 way selector for my boat #10 feed #8 return looks like the rex 3 port but x2 have had too many fuel issues over the years.. going to try the aeromotive a-1000 pump and see how it holds up. we made some plates to bolt in the top of the tank the hold a 5/8 pickup tube and the 1/2" return. the only problem with fixin the problem ill get to use more boost = more fuel

schiada96
    Jim get to work

eliminatya
    maximus, hopefully this summer, our lake is pretty low so i was debating on dumping money into the boat, but now that were getting this hurricane today well see what happens to lake levels. as it is now we would not be able to launch from our community ramp, and you would have to drive almost 30 miles to use the public ramp, that is not so great when you like to have some pops on the lake.

Just Tool'n
    The article that Heavyboat linked too from Century performance, was a great piece. Take the time to read all of it.
    It does make sense. Now I need to checkout what the motor builder is going to use on my new combo.
    I am certainly moe Edumakated now!

Hotcrusader76
    My advice
    Just as it was mentioned by some of the heavy hitters, IE, Info, RexOne, and GFR to name a few, bypass it whenever possible. It'll save your motor when your running it hard, especially under boost.
    ~Ty

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast