Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBJet: Quality vs Quantity

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBJet
    Don't you think it's a little narrow minded to think you can do as good as a professional with 30 years experience?
    Sorry if you have a lower acceptable standard of quality then I do. I'm not knocking you for it, but you sure knock me for having a higher one then you.
    Hey bud! Time to put the spotlight on you for a while.
    As far as your first question, yes it is very narrow minded. Where did i say that? Let's not get off the subject and snowball it now k?
    Now i have a lower acceptable standard of quality then you do??Hmm..why is that now? Do you mean parts or the type of labor used? If you mean parts, how do you know when you only have used berkeley?? Truth is you dont. MAYBE i dont either...but wouldnt be afraid to try. I just dont have the resources as you do bbeing in jetboatland. If you mean labor...well i look at it like this....labor for the most part was FREE so how can you beat it?? i'm sorry but $$$ matters to most people. If i was running 5500/70 i'd say i messed up somewhere,5500/ 87 isnt' to shabby....especially when your at what, 5700/92 with 30yrs experience. Maybe the towel racks are slowing me down??
    I find it hard to believe i'm the only one offering you a trade..figured your man would let you try SOMETHING else since with 30yrs you should know what works and what doesnt right? Alot of wall ornaments i'm sure. I know you've told me a hundred times why question but look at it this way...what does it hurt if you do?? Your never going to know any other way. Besides, the way i did it saved money and got the SAME IF NOT BETTER quality parts(except in the case of my w/r), arent you the least bit intested in that?
    CHET

HammerDown
    Here we go again...so much for keeping the Drama BS off Just Jets....
    Wheeeew, I need a drink.

Wet Dream
    Hey, at least there is a mention of "Berkeley" in there.
    Chet, I want pics of this towel rack.

HammerDown
    Originally posted by Wet Dream
    Hey, at least there is a mention of "Berkeley" in there.
    I'll drink to that...heck I already am.
    Not realy...

hey bench racers needs some biz, ship em over there
    They can beat each other black and blue there and it'll give Kimmy something to do. lol.

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    Besides, the way i did it saved money and got the SAME IF NOT BETTER quality parts(except in the case of my w/r), arent you the least bit intested in that?
    CHET
    Chet
    post a picture of that W/R that you said you had taken out
    Or we`ll just have to call BS on your claims!

HBjet
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    As far as your first question, yes it is very narrow minded. Where did i say that?
    You said HB pays to have his pump work done and is very narrow minded... I guess you think that because I take my pump builders advice?
    As for quality, I wasn't talking about parts, I was talking about the knowledge of the person doing the assembly and labor on both your pump, and hull. I think that's great you went the route you did, but just because someone (me) decides, they would rather pay a professional to do the work then do it them selves, you get all pissy about that. You talk about all the labor dollars you saved, and thats great... there is still the saying though 'You get what you pay for"
    The offer still stands, and you brought it up again. Send me your Aggressor and I will send you my Legend impeller. You brought it up first, and I have been asking and asking.... and now your back peddling. Are you going to trade or not?
    When I first went to Jack, didn't just drop the pump off, and a blank check and say you do what you think is best. I asked about every mfg, and Aggressor was one of them. I was actually going to buy an Aggressor bowl, but when I heard about the conversion, and why he thinks they are a better piece when finished, even though he hates doing them, I decided to go that route. Another big factor of that was also the cost of the conversion verse buying new. It turned out I had a Legend alum. impeller and he cleaned that up verses buying something else that would also need cleaning, and cost more money. So, I don't know where you get this idea that I am made out of money, and just blindly drop my pump off without asking any questions...
    before you talk about MPD anymore or their customers, call MPD and talk to Jack. You might learn something.
    HBjet

LVjetboy
    ChetCapoli
    Speed: 87.2@5500 GPS
    Jet: 18’ Rallysport V, 1976
    Pump: Aggressor B (5500 = 525 hp)
    Engine: 522 cuin
    HBjet
    Speed: 92@5600 GPS
    Jet: 19’ Eliminator Liberty
    Pump: Berk JC, Legend B (5600 = 514 hp)
    Engine: 496 cuin
    Why is Chet so slow? Gotta be those racks.
    jer

Jake W
    Gezz LV ouch.
    HBjet dont make me break out the cleaned up Aggressor bowl pics.
    Chet Jack likes what he likes thats all.Just like every builder.
    MPD will and has worked all of my barts be it Berk, Aggressor ect.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...21/1020_20.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../82dubbowl.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/82dbft.jpg
    Jake

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast