Originally posted by HBJet
Don't you think it's a little narrow minded to think you can do as good as a professional with 30 years experience?
Sorry if you have a lower acceptable standard of quality then I do. I'm not knocking you for it, but you sure knock me for having a higher one then you.
Hey bud! Time to put the spotlight on you for a while.
As far as your first question, yes it is very narrow minded. Where did i say that? Let's not get off the subject and snowball it now k?
Now i have a lower acceptable standard of quality then you do??Hmm..why is that now? Do you mean parts or the type of labor used? If you mean parts, how do you know when you only have used berkeley?? Truth is you dont. MAYBE i dont either...but wouldnt be afraid to try. I just dont have the resources as you do bbeing in jetboatland. If you mean labor...well i look at it like this....labor for the most part was FREE so how can you beat it?? i'm sorry but $$$ matters to most people. If i was running 5500/70 i'd say i messed up somewhere,5500/ 87 isnt' to shabby....especially when your at what, 5700/92 with 30yrs experience. Maybe the towel racks are slowing me down??
I find it hard to believe i'm the only one offering you a trade..figured your man would let you try SOMETHING else since with 30yrs you should know what works and what doesnt right? Alot of wall ornaments i'm sure. I know you've told me a hundred times why question but look at it this way...what does it hurt if you do?? Your never going to know any other way. Besides, the way i did it saved money and got the SAME IF NOT BETTER quality parts(except in the case of my w/r), arent you the least bit intested in that?
CHET