Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HBJet: Quality vs Quantity

HBjet
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    Speed: 92@5600 GPS
    Jet: 19’ Eliminator Liberty
    Pump: Berk JC, Legend B (5600 = 514 hp)
    Engine: 468 cuin
    Let's not forget, that 5600rpm was when I had a bad plug wire. Changed out the old set of MSD wires with a new set and what do you know, she's spining just over 5800rpm with a speed around 95mph. Oh, and that 92mph was before the hook was removed from the hull, and I believe Chet's big 87mph was after his extensive bottom blue print!
    Jake, I know the cleaned up bowls look bitchin, but if you where to compare price and quality from a converted JG to a stock out of the box Aggressor (or any other mfg) the converted one will win every time in both areas. Better performance, lower cost. The only reason for that is because I already have the bowl. It wouldn't make sense to buy a JC, and then have it converted. That would cost more for sure.
    HBjet

HBjet

Cas
    you guys are just jealous you don't have a Panther with their STOCK stainless impeller
    shut-up Jake

Jake W
    Woa HBjet do not get me wrong.I think the C conversion is great.That is a G bowl next to the aggressor I bought it for 250 bucks had to do some work to it then when I bought my gullwing I did not need 2 of every thing because I sold the tahiti at the same time and got rid of the Kachina project I had.So I sold it to Old squirt for 250 .
    How I got my Aggressor bowl.I sent all of my jetovader stuff to CP Preformance for some credit towards a used G bowl they had.The diffrence was 187 bucks had it sent to LCK marine where my boat was getting Painted and getting a shoe and ride plate put on so Dan could put the cradel on it and so on.While it was there a guy wanted to buy it and said he would buy a new Aggressor bowl for it so I said sure .
    So I only paid 187 for the Aggressor bowl to begine with and after MPD flowed it and put a stuffer in it fpr 240 it oly cost me 427 for it.So since it had all the work done on it I am going to run it on the Gullwing.
    But I do have a C bowl that will get the conversion this summer go figure.
    So all in all I just wanted to compare a flowed bowl to a flowed bowl.
    Jake

HBjet
    I didn't get you wrong, and those sound like some good deals for sure. I agree wanting to compare a flowed bowl to a flowed bowl. The reason I put up the stock Aggressor is because that's what Chet wanted me to do. Spend more then what my conversion would cost, and buy stock (newer technology he would say) but if I compared the two, a stock verses my converted, the converted will flow better, and it cost less. That's all. Just trying to point out to Chet that I was looking for the best deal without spending a lot of money. But like always, he's on this kick that I pull up to MPD in a Brinks armored truck dumping off cash left and right...
    HBjet

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet
    The reason I put up the stock Aggressor is because that's what Chet wanted me to do.
    What can you possibly do to that aggressor bowl to make it look any better than it does?? Better think of something HB.
    but if I compared the two, a stock verses my converted, the converted will flow better, and it cost less.
    HBjet
    Where are the flow NUMBERS that confirm this? Cost less? You paid $375 to have this conversion done WITHOUT having the inside done(SO IT LOOKS LIKE IN THE PIC REMEMBER) How much extra was that cleanup?(add it to the conversion now hb) THEN add a stuffer....GRAND TOTAL??
    I come up with C bowl conversion ($375+$240) $615.00
    Aggressor bowl new(includes stuffer) $572.00
    Berkeley G bowl used $250(add flowwork and stuffer $240) $490.00???
    I'm listening HB.
    CHET

FILTHYSLICK
    All this talk about saving a dollar here a dollar there. Speed costs, period. Dude, crying about how much money another man spends on his ride is f'ing funny. HB's ride would hand you your ass so quickly, you would look stupid. Then again, after your ass was put on the trailer, you would have saved enough gas money to drag your ass back home and avoid all the embarassment. Lucky you installed those towel racks so you could wipe your pussy before that long ride home.

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    Chet
    post a picture of that W/R that you said you had taken out
    Or we`ll just have to call BS on your claims!
    Well???????????

HotRod Sprint
    I couldn't stand it any longer, I have to make a reply here. Chet, I have yet, even once to see you post a helpful or encouraging post to any one in this forum. I'm not rich, but God blessed me with many gifts and talents, of which I try to use to the fullest, to save as much money as possible working on my boat. So I know where you are coming from, trying to save a buck. However, I am still trying to learn as much as possible about pumps, I can take one apart, and put it back together, thats about it. If it needs work I am going to take it to a professional to get that work done. I am not jealous or envious of Randy, because he pays to have most of his work done, but it sure seems as if you are. I don't know what you or Randy do for a living, I don't know either one of your mechanical abilities. What I do know is Randy can afford to have work done by a professional, a professional that takes time out of his very busy work schedule to help people out with as much information as possible on another forum. A professional that you bash every time you get a chance. Randy, in between all the bashings, tries to help people out in this forum, whenever possible. You, you talk a big talk, you stir up mud, and when people call you out to prove what you're blowing hot air about, You run and hide, you never post pics, or numbers, or anything else to prove your point. I haven't met you, and to be honest would never care to. I have yet to meet Randy, but might get the chance this summer, and look forward to it.
    This is a forum about boating, jet boating in particular. Where people come together to share common interests, ideas, and help each other out. It doesn't seem you do any of that, you just bash, and bash, and bash. So why don't you do this jet boating community a favor, and just go away.
    Rod

Bense468
    I really don't care about any of this, nor did I read it. I have had a few drinks and didn't feel like reading all of it, but I did notice one thing. Randy, I thought you did the 4.250 crank? wouldn't that make it a 496? Just curious if you are running a 496 or a 468? Not that it makes a big difference. Wow that was hard to type I am back to drinking. Have fun boys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast