Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domn8er boats

little chubby
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of domn8er boats, and if they have any feedback on these boats. We are in the price range of $50,000-$60,000. Is there any other boats you would recommend in this price range. We like the closed bow, V.
    THANKS!!!!!!

Salty Cracker
    Last summer I sat in the Channel and listened to the sales pitch from the guy who built the first Domin8er, he had a 23'(I think) with a cuddy/open, the boat seemed big for a 23'. He told me he also made the hulls for Cheetahs, so I'm sure they are pretty well made. The boat looked real clean and well put together from what I saw, but that was after a six pack(at least).
    As far as other boats, how big are you looking @ for 50-60K?
    Try Barry @ Shockwave (909)898-9360, I'm sure you'll be pleased and if he doesn't have what you want, he'll point you in the right direction.
    Good luck!

little chubby
    We test drove the 23 ft. and it was a pretty strong ride.
    We are looking for a boat between 23-28 ft., probably a 25 ft.
    Thanks for the recommendations!!!

Salty Cracker
    Shockwaves 25' Tremor is an awesome ride, Barry will take care of you!!!

little chubby
    how much does the shockwave boat run . The domn8er boat with all the things we want will run about like 55,000 so how much do you think the shockwave would be. and how do they compare.

jbtrailerjim
    $50K - $60k will get you into a new Ultra. You could go with there 247XS or there new 24 Stealth. For under $50k you could get into a 23XS. I own a 247XS and I love it. I can't say enough nice things about John West and his crew at Ultra.

little chubby
    How do they compare .

Salty Cracker
    Try to get a ride in both the Ultra 247 and the Shockwave 25'. I have ridden in both and they are both great rides, However I found the 25 to be surprisingly bigger and It settled the issue. Believe me, call Barry at the # above and pick his brain...

little chubby
    I saw the ultra boat at the nor-cal boat show and they looked like a good boat but don't no that much about them.

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by little chubby
    I saw the ultra boat at the nor-cal boat show and they looked like a good boat but don't no that much about them.
    Do a search on here about Ultra and you can read all the positive responses from Ultra owner's. Ultra's been around for a long time and they seem to have loyal customer following. As far as Shockwave I looked at them also and I was close to doing a deal on a 25 Tremor. The one thing that swayed me to the Ultra was price. The salesman at Shockwave (Greg who I heard is no longer there) qouted me a price of almost $10K higher than an Ultra 247XS. But after talking to Barry at the L.A. Boat Show; sounds like they would have come way down on the price. The 25 Tremor is a lot bigger boat than the Ultra 247XS but they both met what I was looking for in a boat. I don't think you could go wrong with either builder. I hear nothing but positive responses regarding both builders. Good luck in your search.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast