Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best luanch ramps in havasu

4day!!
    new guy here. where's the easiest, least crowds to launch a 25' boat on havasu. I get irratated very easily with the kids and wife whinning at me and trying to launch a boat by myself. I dont have a whole lot of launching experience. where should i go?
    thanks..

LAVEYSABRE575
    welcome 4day...come on over to the springs i always enjoy a little ramp rage.......i would say in havasu the best spot would be winsor since we dont go to the marina anymore.....

4day!!
    thanks lavey, yeah some the funnest times a the lake/river are on sunday evening at the launch ramps. I could sit there for hours with a box o beer and laugh my ass off, great free entertainment.. Wait a minute i'm going to be the entertainment soon. kharma i guess. Oh well F em if they can't take a joke..

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
    welcome 4day...come on over to the springs i always enjoy a little ramp rage.......i would say in havasu the best spot would be winsor since we dont go to the marina anymore.....
    You've had bad luck there? I like the place. A little small, but the peeps are a different crowd than the Marina or windsor. Never had any problem there. Relatively nice and quiet.
    4day sounds like he may be fireman

4day!!
    how about cattail cove for launching. Does anyone know of more options for general public launching? What about havasu springs, havasu landing, black meadow or sand point. California or AZ. side. I will be heading out memorial weekend. I would rather stay home and go on an off weekend, but it's easier with kids not missing so much school. Any opinions are appreciated..

mbrown2
    If it is Memorial, get up early and use Take-Off point near the dam (free)...got to get there early though

SoCal_fun
    We stay at Black Meadow Landing. It's cool for the family, as they are pretty strict and keep the hoopla down to a minimum.
    If your kids are young and impressionable, you might appreciate it as we do.

Scream
    Why don't you and the wife practice? When I bought my first boat, a 16' 69 Glenco V-hull whacker...loved that boat...but I digress.
    We used to take it to the local lakes (Silverwood, Puddingstone, Perris) to practice launching, retrieving. We did it during the week when the crowds were minimal.
    I have my wife drive the boat because she doesn't back trailers well. She's pretty good at launching and retrieving, but she's been doing it for a while now.

j-rod
    Originally posted by SoCal_fun
    We stay at Black Meadow Landing. It's cool for the family, as they are pretty strict and keep the hoopla down to a minimum.
    If your kids are young and impressionable, you might appreciate it as we do.
    I can't wait I'll be a t this nazi camp in 2 months!
    BTW the ramp is steep!

LUVNLIFE
    Yea J-rod I'll be there right after you. I haven't had any Nazi incidents yet. Previously we would go in early April so I could pick up some extra grandparents ( snowbirds).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast