Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for pops1!!

fullwood
    I read in an other thread you said "i think 95% of forward motion comes from the impellor's forward pull" forgive me if i didn't get the exact words right. Could you please explain this a little more because i always thought that the forward motion came from the thrust of the jet stream, and i don't understand how the biting edge of the impellor could pull the boat along like that. So in theory could i just take off the bowl and nozzle off and run 95% efficient? I'am really confused about this so any help would be appreciated. (qutoed from "engine + jet = loss" thread page two)

MikeF
    Originally posted by fullwood
    So in theory could i just take off the bowl and nozzle off and run 95% efficient?
    Biggest rooster EVER!

jweeks123
    who is going to volenteer to make this test?
    jw

malcolm
    Maybe on a Panther or a Jacuzzi YJ.

I accidently tried it once. Blew the bowl off at around 100mph. no steering, slowed down quickly. Scared the crap outta me when the bowl and stuff came flying around all over the place hanging by the cables. ripped the diverter and reverse controls from the mounting positions and broke the steering cable connection. it didn't go too good after that.

Bense468

littlewood
    I don’t know who Pop’s is but, he has done an excellent job of explaining how a prop works. However, he is totally wrong about jet boat propulsion. Jets work by accelerating a mass of water. If you use his explanation Frank Place would have a lot of inventory. Remember for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I don’t want to be cruel to Pop but he needs to do a little home work. He must be new at this Jet stuff

cruser
    Pops1 is not new to the business. I think he was joking with us, at least that is what I want to believe.
    Also, both jets and props work by accelerating water in the opposite direction to the course you want to travel. Just like a Airplane moves forward by pushing air in the opposite direction.
    cruzer

UBFJ #454
    "I don’t want to be cruel to Pop but he needs to do a little home work. He must be new at this Jet stuff."
    littlewood ... Pops1 just happens to be Dave Jones, Owner of Aggressor .....

fullwood
    Still waiting for an explanation form pops himself. If he is dave from aggressor maybe theres more to the story!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast