Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lowering and refurbing a trailer

Jake W
    Hothallet thanks for the info I will PM you for the number.
    Todd I know what you are saying but that will still leave a gap betwine the tire and the fender this is what I want to fix.The trailer does have some 14 inch rims and tires they are not too big but they are not low profile either.
    If you look at some of the vdrive guys trailers the tires all most touch the fenders that is what I am after.I wil probely just block it down some and call it good.
    Brad does your dad do this from his home or is it a buis?
    Jake

VD CRUISER
    A place in California called "Fenders-N-More" makes stainless fenders. Their Ph.# is 818-834-2525 .

cyclone
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Todd I know what you are saying but that will still leave a gap betwine the tire and the fender this is what I want to fix.The trailer does have some 14 inch rims and tires they are not too big but they are not low profile either.
    If you look at some of the vdrive guys trailers the tires all most touch the fenders that is what I am after.I wil probely just block it down some and call it good.
    Jake
    you can easily redrill the holes in the fenders, cut the openings in teh trailer steps wider, and lower them down. mine sit 1/2 inch over the tires and my trailer is hammered!

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by cyclone
    you can easily redrill the holes in the fenders, cut the openings in teh trailer steps wider, and lower them down. mine sit 1/2 inch over the tires and my trailer is hammered!
    Do you have any pics of that slammed trailer? Sounds like a cool project

fat rat
    Originally posted by cyclone
    I'd love to see some pic's....................and hear about the pro's/con's you may have with.
    Thanx, rat

now your thinking mike!...but mine are welded

screamdreambrad
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Jake
    he builds docks,trls,whatever you need. his shop is up the road a couple blocks from his house. i forget the mile mark on the lake. pm me if you want his number. he's retired now, but fabricates for spending money. and sponsoring his favorite dragboat racer brad

cyclone
    Originally posted by fat rat
    I'd love to see some pic's....................and hear about the pro's/con's you may have with.
    Thanx, rat
    ill have to dig up some pics. i'll find them over the weekend.
    airbags-
    pros: easy to launch and retrieve your boat, rides real good, looks cool.
    cons: not cheap to build, another thing to break/worry about when towing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123