Originally posted by fear the turtle
Great game, to few games today really don't carry that intensity and passion. It was Marchment vs. Rivet. Great fight. Marchment came up high with an elbow on Zednick and Rivet took exception. They initially both got roughing penalties, then got out of the box and went straight towards each other. Fight Clip (http://www.medianor.ca/nono/RivetMarchment.wmv)
Marchment is a dirty player, but...if you call him out he will answer the bell. He doesn't run from anyone for his actions.
Thank-you very much! I got into it all over again! The rest of the game from that point on seemed so rife with tension - it was awesome!! It was 4 all for the Leafs and then the Canadians started scoring and next thing I see it's 3 to 4, then 3 to 5 then 4 to 5 and I thought damn the Canadians are gonna take it. I said as much quite bitterly to one of the people I was with and he says back all condescending falsely sympathetic, "Well at least the Leafs won the first two periods." I wanted to smack him but I didn't have to the Leafs wiped the smugness off his face for me!