Thread: distributor stutter switch

hotglass
    i have puchased used glaston, it has a merc 898 i/o 5.0 with points. the neutral stutter switch is there, but there are no wires going to it. judging from other posts the neg side of the coil goes to the switch and from the switch to the ground. is this right? do i need a resistor in there? the merc book doesn't show the wiring, any help appreciated!!

Tinkerboater
    Just wire it the way you said-no resistor.If the switch is properly adjusted you will only hear a slight faulter of the engine when coming out of gear only. If it does more than that then something is not right.

hotglass
    thanks, i'll try that, i've just been toggling a homemade kill switch to get by. is the neutral switch on the shifter related to this or is it just tied into the start cicuit?

Tinkerboater
    The neutral start switch is just in series with the start circuit-so that you cant start in gear.

hotglass
    alright alright alright! taking her out this weekend, after 2 months of reassembly we'll see what catches on fire and what doesn't. thanks again!