Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carpet in a V drive?

FlatUgly
    The floor in my Rayson Craft looks okay, not as shinny as some ive seen. Does anyone put carpet in an old flattie, or is there a way to make my floor look good. thanx guys

Chief
    Mine in my Mandella is plain no paint no nothin I m looking forward to seeing some of your responses.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Im also looking for some response on this subject. In my Nordic I have nice cleean glass between the stringers, but on the outside of the stringers is some really ugly black stuff.......:yuk: Im pretty sure the only way to cover it is with a nice rug!!!!!

The carpet will get wet & hold moisture against the floor. This will eventually get into the floor & rot the whole deal.
    Their are many options to gettting the floor back into shape. A simple one would be to getting some rubing compound & going to work. You can take it to the extreme by removing all the hardware, grinding out & filling any cracks, sanding the whole deal & re-coat with flo-coat.
    Billy B. would be the guy to set you up right.
    Morg.

Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
    Im also looking for some response on this subject. In my Nordic I have nice cleean glass between the stringers, but on the outside of the stringers is some really ugly black stuff.......:yuk: Im pretty sure the only way to cover it is with a nice rug!!!!!
    Dan, on my floor to cover the ugly stuff & veneered the whole deal. Came out absolutly beautiful. SHIT load of pain in the ass work.

RaysonKid
    Not to long ago.
    Somebody posted something about how they gave their floor a carbon fiber look.

Sangster has done a few boats w/ carbon fiber floors.
    I think the millers are using some carbon fiber.
    Billy helped me get my floors done with white maple veneer.

mouzer
    Ive had to put carpet in several old flats.you can put it down each side and across in front of the v-drive,not under the v-drive or motor,use only marine carpet with the rubber backing.so it wont mold, this will work and look good if your floor is in real bad shape,i have seen people paint there floors all black,but a nice light gray marine carpet looks nicer,but .....a clear floor in a flat always looks best.

Sangster
    If you have cracks and/or delamination and you know it.. Why not fix it right the first time...It's not gonna get any better by covering it up... But, it will get alot worse for sure.... The sooner it's fix the easier the job will be.....

Dave Sammons
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7hal_r-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...87hal2-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...87hal3-med.jpg
    Here's a few shots of a 71 Hallett I'm doing right now for a customer. I cut out all the old seat braces, filled all the stringer holes and did a little work on the floor. It's Rhinolined. The color is 77 corvette yellow, what else is going to go with that metalflake green! My guy can mix any color and do the whole boat for $600. The stuff is bulletproof, hides all stresscracks and seals everything. I think it's a pretty good fix for older flatbottoms.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast