Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carpet in a V drive?

spectras only
    jet drives are normally partitioned off at the front of the engine,so there's no oil or such contaminating the carpet. BTW ozite type carpets dry superfast , and last a long time. However bright colours fade fast if the boat's uncovered too long.Lamborghini gray is the longest lasting.

Picklefork
    Way back in the 50's when flat bottoms were built w/ thin skin plywood and cross battens, it was possible to fracture the plywood if you stepped in between the battens. Raised, upholstered floorboards and side panels evolved to keep the feet dry and comfortable. When fiberglass bottom halves appeared in the 60's, upholstery and carpet was no longer needed, but the more expensive boats still had it.

mouzer
    Originally posted by Dave Sammons
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7hal_r-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...87hal2-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...87hal3-med.jpg
    Here's a few shots of a 71 Hallett I'm doing right now for a customer. I cut out all the old seat braces, filled all the stringer holes and did a little work on the floor. It's Rhinolined. The color is 77 corvette yellow, what else is going to go with that metalflake green! My guy can mix any color and do the whole boat for $600. The stuff is bulletproof, hides all stresscracks and seals everything. I think it's a pretty good fix for older flatbottoms. you got to be kidding.blahhhhhhh and if buying it i dont want you to hide all the stress cracks......aand that goes the same for carpet,you dont want to hide anything,

dmontzsta
    How much did that rhino lining cost?

FlatRacer
    I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a boat with Rhino Liner in it, because I would be way too suspicious that the seller was trying to hide something..........whether he was or not.
    In fact, I wouldn't buy a boat from my Mother if it had Rhino Liner in it.
    FR:yuk:
    Did I mention the word NEVER???

FlatUgly
    So whats the trick to get my good floor looking great, I have nothing to hide so I've nixed the idea of carpet but I do want to improve on what i have(sorry no pics) Rubbing compound,clears,polishes?

Dave Sammons
    Hey Mouzer, take it easy! The floor and stringers were in great shape. It was done more get a consistent look. It's a 33 year old boat! Everyone who has seen it live, thinks it looks great. Granted it probably only makes sense on certain hulls. The main thing is the owner likes it and he's had the boat for 31 years and is planning on passing it on to his kids.

mouzer
    To be honest it was starting to grow on me,the picture just shows alot of floor,it will look pretty clean when its back together.post some finished pictures,cant wait..........some times i have to kick myself in the ass.

Dave Sammons
    Hey, that's what makes this all so fun!

HM
    Here is my Mandella with the recent Balsa laminate.
    It is a bit dirty in the pic( and wires all over), but turned out real trick. Everything else on the interior was done in black flow coat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-04-030011.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast