Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new to v-drives

76 cole, that Hemi was pretty heavy! You will have to move the BBC forward some I think. Check with Fiat 48, he can give you a measurment for the motor placement. thanks small

smalls
    May have to move it forward????? I had to move the motor in the ZZ forward 3 inchs when the Hemi was removed.
    Thats right I said HEMI!
    35" from the inside of the transom would be A good starting point....

76cole
    thanks for all the help you guys. i have been in touch with fiat48 since the beginning on buying this boat and he has been a big
    help i am hoping to post some pictures of the boat if it stops raining this week long enough to be able to take off the cover
    and clean it up. this is going to be a hell of alot different than driving a jet i can tell you that one. gt boats are they like c.p. performance? with a part counter. is seems to be great shape for a retired race boat. but for me its going to be a blast. last time i drove a v-drive was about ??years ago and it was a old 63 stevens with a buick wildcat engine in it. all mahogany deck with
    a deck out roller engine in it. it was one nice looking boat for its age. thanks again
    76cole

Fiat knows his stuff.
    The knowledge from the guy's on this site is invaluable.
    GT is much smaller than CP. GT does the regular stuff but the custom stuff they do is mostly for v-drives & jets. Not really into the huge dollar large boats. You won't go wrong with GT's work.

Snowboat
    Since the engine that I am working on has a Neovane, I'm curious why one shouldn't use a Neovane. I realize that the Magnaflow puts out tons of water, but doesn't a Neovane produce enough to keep a blown big block cool?

AJ
    I check with Fiat 48, and he gave me these measurment for the motor placement.
    Motor location: Well, I couldn't find my old Hondo notes, just my Canyon marine notes. The canyon was at 35 1/2". I do remember the Canyon being a little farther forward than the Hondo. So 34" or 34 1/2" was probably what it was. is your V drive at 96" and the strut is still stock location at 26", I would do 34 1/2.
    Bob.

76cole
    aj i have been working with bob on this he sent a whole list of measurements i am hoping to check this weekend to find out more about it. i will post some pictures and measurements this weekend i am sure i will be asking awhole load of questions as i go about putting it back together. thanks for any information i can get.
    76cole

SANGER-RICH
    Paul at GT Boats did a nice job setting my hydro up, total cost with motor plates about $950. Mine had a hemi and I got it with nothing for the motor so we had to start from scratch, Im going BBC also
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...tor_plates.jpg

76cole
    i have a rail system in mine already installed so i just need to get the engine plates and blocks to mount the engine to the rails and determine the proper angle of the driveshaft to v-drive.
    76cole

bigkatboat
    No! You need 26", 36", 98" for a BB chevy UNDER 1000 HP. Over 1000 HP, go to 100".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast