Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new to v-drives

Fiat48
    Originally posted by Snowboat
    Since the engine that I am working on has a Neovane, I'm curious why one shouldn't use a Neovane. I realize that the Magnaflow puts out tons of water, but doesn't a Neovane produce enough to keep a blown big block cool?
    Never had a cooling problem with a neovane. But they are not made anymore. I think the only part you can get is the impellor. If you got a good working neovane, use it.

Kindsvater Flat
    my neovane put out enough water to make my motor leak.

Neovane should be adequate for a flat IMO if it's a 3/4" Neovane (V755). 1/2" model (V505) could be marginal running a blower. Both these pumps take the same impeller btw, only the fitting size is different. Neovane also made a 1" pump (V105) which should also be adequate as it had more output than the others.
    In larger boats such as 21 footers with blown and turbo motors they are usually not adequate for the increased load and long distance running these boats do more of. For that type of boat I would get a Magnaflow.

Snowboat
    Rex, I have both size Neovane's and the larger one has the hex drive. Can I change either end of the drive so I can use the larger pump. I'd like it to work well because I just bought a new 4" Neovane extension, from you. If it can be changed, do you sell the parts?

Snowboat
    Originally posted by Snowboat
    Rex, I have both size Neovane's and the larger one has the hex drive. Can I change either end of the drive so I can use the larger pump. I'd like it to work well because I just bought a new 4" Neovane extension, from you. If it can be changed, do you sell the parts?

The only time I remember a Neovane having a hex drive was is someone adatped to an old fuel pump hex cam drive or one of the old Weiand extensions which I think came with hex drives.
    The cam drive piece with the tang is no problem to get, we normally stock the Glenwood ones.
    The pump side may be a different story since Neovane has been gone for 20+ years. I'm not positive without checking if the Magnaflow shaft is the same size as the Neovane. If it is the coupler should be easily adaptable. If not it could require some modification.
    If you need me to explore that possibility just send me a PM as my monitoring of these threads has been weak at best lately.
    Thanks,

Snowboat
    Thanks, Rex. PM coming your way.

Snowboat
    Thanks for your help Rex. I poked around and found that Kuhl Superchargers sells a 3?8" hex adapter that you can put on the cam. You have to make your own shims, if necessary. One can get a fuel pump extension if you need clearance for your application. Beats me how I ended up with the hex setup.
    Anyone want to buy a V505, 1/2" Neovane (with a tang drive)?

JEThro
    76Cole,I'll check with a guy around the corner from me about some mounts and timing cover. He's got a blown allky hydro and a flattie that he outting together. Stop on by and I'll introduce you to him. Jethro

bigkatboat
    Is your boat black, with candy/ pearl designs. Did it have an "early Hemi" in it? Yes to both and I'll bet it was owned by Jim McComb, Mr Rewarder Headers. How about a wing? Lots of good times on the Kings River!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast