Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I get a prop????

RiverToysJas
    My new career as an I/O owner will begin any day now. I'll need to get a "back-up" prop.
    Where should shop for something like that?
    While I have your ears....
    What's the performance differances between three and four blade?
    Thanks!!!! I'm sure I'll have many more questions as time goes on....
    RTJas

rivercrazy
    Im with ya bud. Where's the best place to get a spare.
    3 blades from what I've heard are faster on the top end on most boats. Just lazy out of the hole and can blow out in turns
    4 blades are better out of the hole and don't usually blow out in turns. They give you more lift and cruise at slower speeds at similar RPMS than a 3 blade. However, top end is usually less. They also have better load carrying capacity versus a 3 blader.
    That's all I know.

Outnumbered
    Try e-bay. Just make sure the seller has good feedback and ask lots of questions if anything is unclear. I just bought a $500 prop for $150 plus shipping, mint condition.
    Good Luck,
    OL

kevnmcd
    It depends on what you want out of your boat. If you use your boat for pulling skiers, wakeboarders or tubes, I would go for a 4 blade. If you don't do any of those things and are looking for strikly top end speed go with a 3 blade.
    Personally, I do a lot of wakeboarding on mine and had a lot of problems keeping it on plane while pulling with a 3 blade. When I switched to a 4 blade, it was night and day while pulling...hole shot is awesome, can toe a wakeboarder without ever falling off plane, and didn't really lose too much on the top end.
    Just my .02

77charger
    jas from what i know is that a cleaver type usually is best for top speed but sucks down low prob a three blade will do.I am learning this too shush shush!

Super D
    I get my props from Overton's. If you're new to boating (or not), go to Overtons.com and order a catalog for free. All the stuff you'll ever need is there. Prices are good and they have an excellent return policy.

RiverToysJas
    Thanks for all of the input guys!
    My boat is being delivered with a 22" that should pull very hard on the bottom end and midrange.
    I think I'll find a 4-blade 24" and maybe talk Waterndog into letting me borrow his 25" 3 blade some afternoon, just to see what I can pull on the top end.
    RTJas

mike37
    RiverToysJas
    My boat is being delivered with a 22" that should pull very hard on the bottom end and midrange.
    I think I'll find a 4-blade 24" and maybe talk Waterndog into letting me borrow his 25" 3 blade some afternoon, just to see what I can pull on the top end.
    if your geting a 22p thats a 4-blade
    od numbers are 3 blade 21p 23p 25p
    evin nubers are 4 blade 22p 24p 26p
    how big is your boat if you have a big boat with
    a lot of HP you dont want a 3blade

Rayhill
    I had good luck with Chad Hill Propellors "CHP".
    He reccomended a 26" 4 blade. It swallowed my RPM. He swapped it with a 24" 4, no questions asked no $$$.

rivercrazy
    You can also get the Rev-4 4blade series props in odd numbered pitches. However the max pitch is 23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast