Last week, I went over to Trident Custom Boats to say hi to Wes and to actually see in person the boat I have watched progress over the past couple years. When I say "watched", I mean that I have seen pictures on the internet from Trident's web site so I had a pretty good idea what the Revolution was going to look like. I had memorized the hull design, the layout, the billet hardware and the general concept.
Knowing Wes on a personal level, I was very certain that every aspect of the boat was going to be over the top. If you haven't met Wes, he's the type of person that walks into a store and heads right over to the absolute best, top of the line area. When he gets there, chances are that he will know 10x more than the salesman trying to help him. That being said, he entered this arena with a clear understanding and plan. Even before the birth or Trident I noticed that every project he ever took on included serious research and design. He always asked the right questions and gained a full understanding before he ever moved forward. His house is surrounded by projects. He is never satisfied with anything. There is always a better way. There is always room for improvement. Life and everything that surrounds him is consistently evolving.
The Revolution is a complete representation of Wes's personality. There are no options with this boat; they are already there. It has already been thought of. The pictures you have seen on the internet of both the model and the plug build do no justice to this boat. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT IN PERSON. My image of the boat completely changed once I saw it with my own eyes and could walk around it, look under it and touch it. It was truly beautiful and unique. If you have ever had a chance to hang out on with Wes on the river in his old boat "On the Rocks" you would have an idea of how he can take a boat and truly make it an experience. The clean lines, the custom fabricated hardware, the crisp and deafening stereo, the ambiance of the neon lights and feeling of cruising down the river on a hot August night: it is all a combination that has to be experienced. I absolutely can't wait to see this boat on the water.
So if you haven't already, give Wes a call and try to take a look at what is soon to come IN PERSON. I became a believer instantly, you will too.