Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT Job description, WTF???

bigq
    Originally posted by Her454
    Doesn't matter if you do or not, they'll send it all to India soon.
    I know, I know, Im really tryin to shake the negativity.........
    I feel much better now ...Thanks.
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"D

bigq
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    It's an employers' market now and they are all setting the bar very, very high. Makes it intimidating and tough for applicants and that's how they like it. And they like the competition for the few open jobs (tens to hundreds of resumes for every job posted is normal now).
    Good luck! Be persistent and keep your chin up - things will work out.
    Especially in Cali

Essex502
    Apply anyway and explain in your cover letter what you know and what you don't know. Make sure that the cover letter is grammatically correct and your spelling and punctuation is perfect. I always ask for more than I sometimes can get when hiring just to scare off the chaff.
    It is a employers marketplace but more jobs are opening up daily. We layed-off thousands over the last few years and are hiring many, many people today. I work for a large aerospace company and we have more than 600 openings today in California. There are lots of jobs out there.

Her454
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    Curry gives me the shits.
    There's a lady I work with and she goes across the street to Habeeebs place and brings it back for lunch sometimes...I swear I have to leave my desk.....that crap is nasty smelling - stinks the whole place up and makes me sick. There oughta be a law I tell ya.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    Curry gives me the shits.
    and i thought it was the muffins!!!
    kinda funny now that i think abou it. the first day i signed up on the board, the first thing going on was tom and his muffin/cheese deal.

Tom Brown
    The best part is that odor continues to seep out of your pours for hours.
    I hate that shit but my parents have a story about some friends taking them to an Indian restaurant. I always laugh my ass off as my Dad describes the burning sensation and how he can feel the food as it travels from the tip of his tongue all the way to his stomach.

coolchange
    I know. I'm A+ h/s, NT, MCP, Graphics cert. 1/2 way to an MCSE when I realized if you dont have a B.S. E. or B.S.S. it don't mean S.H.I.T.

bigq
    Originally posted by coolchange
    I know. I'm A+ h/s, NT, MCP, Graphics cert. 1/2 way to an MCSE when I realized if you dont have a B.S. E. or B.S.S. it don't mean S.H.I.T.
    I'm not so worried about the B.S. degree. most of those are Management or lack of experience. I have been in the field for 6 years now so most places I can substitute experience, save for a few. i do have an A.S in electronics and another IS Cert from another college plus all the vender cert, blah...blah....blah. just have not had to look for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12