Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake grate bolts

Mark Sims
    My local parts guy told me three weeks ago he would get the bolts for my loader and he cant produce. Last time he sees any of my money! Where can I get gr.8 bolts with a countersink head? Thanks for any info.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Lowe's/Home depot have a VERY comprehensive bolt bin. You might be surprised. ACE Hardware might have some also.
    Omega

Taylorman
    Originally posted by Mark Sims
    My local parts guy told me three weeks ago he would get the bolts for my loader and he cant produce. Last time he sees any of my money! Where can I get gr.8 bolts with a countersink head? Thanks for any info.
    Gr8 countersunk bolts will be black which will rust. Use stainless. Try Fastenal or grainger.

flat broke
    Originally posted by Taylorman
    Gr8 countersunk bolts will be black which will rust. Use stainless. Try Fastenal or grainger.
    Not to piss in you wheaties but you should be using the grade 8 stuff and inspecting it regularly. Sure stainless won't rust, but it is also not as strong. You're lured into a false sense of security if you get to thinking that, "because its stainless, I don't have to inspect/replace it". Run the grade 8 (get the black oxide stuff, and the rust will be minmal), inspect it regularly, and replace it annualy/as needed.
    Chris

Jet Hydro
    I get mine at ACE.
    Use G-8 only!!!
    Do NOT use stainless!!!!
    I put a little Anit-Seize on mine so the next time I want to take them out I have no problems. Works great...

Yeah Taylorman ,Dude if you've got ss you need to get gt8 asap they will break! hay by the way how did the water line deal work out ??
    Mark

miller19j
    Didn’t they come from Berkeley with Stainless Fasteners on them?

HalletDave
    Originally posted by miller19j
    Didn’t they come from Berkeley with Stainless Fasteners on them?
    Yea Miller19j,
    27 years ago from Berkeley and Hallett.
    Funny thing, they are still there and not rusted.
    Go figure.

quiet riot
    The way I understand it is some loader type grates that aren't pushing against the intake housing up inside the intake will get a harmonic (slight vibration) at speed. If this is true then ss isn't the best choice for them. SS is fairly strong but is fragile. SS has high yield strength but doesn't stretch like mild steels, it fractures. I would think stock type or supported loaders would be fine with ss like they come from the factory, but gr8 would be better with unsupported type loaders.
    fyi - I don't have a lot of exp with loaders, but just what I've heard from a few pep's. And the local ace hardware here has countersunk gr8 bolts.
    jd

Taylorman
    Originally posted by MarKist
    Yeah Taylorman ,Dude if you've got ss you need to get gt8 asap they will break! hay by the way how did the water line deal work out ??
    Mark
    Been using ss for 3 years now never broke yet.
    My water valve deal has a couple bugs in it. First, the lower rpm module did not adjust like its suppose to. Other than that it will work pretty good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast