Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaiian boats

dorC
    Let's talk about Hawaiian boats for a moment. I'd like what ever you guys can tell me about them. I'm particularly interested in knowing how well they ran and rode. Are they fast? Safe? Fun? Were they ever rigged with a stern drive or only jets? Hey, if you wan to bash on them, you won't hurt my feelings.

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by dorC
    Let's talk about Hawaiian boats for a moment. I'd like what ever you guys can tell me about them. I'm particularly interested in knowing how well they ran and rode. Are they fast? Safe? Fun? Were they ever rigged with a stern drive or only jets? Hey, if you wan to bash on them, you won't hurt my feelings.
    ...old school, since like 1956 with sweet hulls like fun for sure...new school, the cat looks sweet and the deck (which claims to be the largest) is a friggin tour boat! Easily fit 20 heads on it..it was huge..

dorC
    You're almost talking like they are still in production...are they? If so, any contact info?

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by dorC
    You're almost talking like they are still in production...are they? If so, any contact info?
    You are good!
    http://www.hawaiianpowerboats.com

dorC
    Mamma always said that I'm the best!
    Anybody else have input? Let's concentrate on the old school hulls....

Mandelon
    Saw them at the boat show. Looked nice. Low profile. Not all big and bloated like every other boat maker who is trying to get to 36 feet !!!

blownfear
    the current manufacturer of hawaiian poewer boats is not the manufacturer of the old school boats. Just thought you would like to know. but i have now owned two hawaiian boats and would own nothing else. i had a 76 18' flat bottom and currantly a 78 26' daycruiser .... Both jets , Both bbf

dorC
    blown-Great. I just left a message for the new Hawaiian boats. Were all the Hawaiians jets? Or did they offer any with a V-drive? Are the hulls good performers?

blownfear
    all of the older ones were jets as far as i know noone seems to know mush about them x-cept for bergeron boats in mesa az. Both of my hulls haul ass, to my surprise my 26 footer jumps out of the water quicker than my seadoo, and runs about 55 mph with a stock 460. the 76 18' ran about 75 or so. They were'nt built for speed they are heavy compared to other boats of same size. For thought my hull was about 1 1/4 " thick at the suction piece, a friends kachina was only about 3/4 " thick. a considerable differance in strength

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by blownfear
    the current manufacturer of hawaiian poewer boats is not the manufacturer of the old school boats. Just thought you would like to know. but i have now owned two hawaiian boats and would own nothing else. i had a 76 18' flat bottom and currantly a 78 26' daycruiser .... Both jets , Both bbf
    ..from what I understood way back when they were in Ventura, the current guy runnin the show is the nephew in Norco..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast