Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: speed

whiskey & water
    Hey thanks for the info. What does the 144 holley kit come with, whats in the package.

19cobaltcd
    Here is what I've learned about the High-5 prop. I run a 3 blade SS 21P (it was a 23, still dont know how they can take that much out of a prop but that is what it is stamped. I put a 19P High-5 on, it came out of the hole like a banshee but I lost 3 to 5 mph on the top end. It's on a 19' cobalt deep vee w/260 mercruiser. I increased power on my engine by a different manifold and carb, and a comp cam. But now it overheats at full throttle or with a load in the boat. Still chasing that problem.

19cobaltcd
    Short note, can anyone tell me whose boat that is under my user ID. Nice, but its not mine.

HP350SC
    Originally posted by whiskey & water
    Hey thanks for the info. What does the 144 holley kit come with, whats in the package.
    3 groove v-belt and serp. crank pulleys, drive belt and marine tensioner, thermostat housing and spacer, lower intake maifold, 144 S/C with sight glass, all gaskets and instructions.

HP350SC
    And it's the polished kit. Sells for $2300 retail.

HP350SC
    Originally posted by 19cobaltcd
    Here is what I've learned about the High-5 prop. I run a 3 blade SS 21P (it was a 23, still dont know how they can take that much out of a prop but that is what it is stamped. I put a 19P High-5 on, it came out of the hole like a banshee but I lost 3 to 5 mph on the top end. It's on a 19' cobalt deep vee w/260 mercruiser. I increased power on my engine by a different manifold and carb, and a comp cam. But now it overheats at full throttle or with a load in the boat. Still chasing that problem.
    I had to trim the shit out of it to get the last 2mph. Cobalt is a heavy nice quality boat.

HP350SC
    Originally posted by 19cobaltcd
    Fix the overheating first. You lost 3-4 mph because you went down in pitch. If you're hitting your max. rpm easily you should try the 21. I always went up one pitch when comparing the 3 blade to 5-blade. Not sure how much power you're making but you might even try a 23 5 blade. The diameter gets smaller as the pitch goes up allowing more trim=more mph.

whiskey & water
    The attached picture of the supercharger is that the one your selling?

HP350SC
    Originally posted by whiskey & water
    The attached picture of the supercharger is that the one your selling?
    The one i'm selling is BRAND NEW in the box. It looks the same as the picture, although that was a B&M in the picture and the new one is the updated Holley version with the sight glass.

whiskey & water
    can you post a pic of the complete package of what you are selling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123