Thread: High Octane Gas on Lake Powell???

NOCTURNAL
    I was thinking of taking my boat to Lake Powell this summer. The last trip I took out there, I did not see any gas stations that had 92 octane gasoline on the lake. Is high octane gas available on the lake or am I SOL??? If it is available is there a list of stations that carry it?
    Thanks in advance.

Froggystyle
    SOL as of a year ago. You may be able to get some good gas in Page, but where we were (Bullfrog to Dangling Rope) there was NADA. I brought in 50 gallons of 100 to mix with the garbage they sell on the lake.

LakeRacer
    they have 92 octane at Halls Crossing. I think Wahweap has it too.
    Try this Lake Powell (http://www.wayneswords.com/gas.html)
    It might have the phone numbers for the marinas or gas docks. Then you can call and verify.

Wild Horses
    Halls is the only place on the water that has 91 octane. (you are talking Utah = 91 octane)
    Clint

summerlove
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    SOL as of a year ago. You may be able to get some good gas in Page, but where we were (Bullfrog to Dangling Rope) there was NADA. I brought in 50 gallons of 100 to mix with the garbage they sell on the lake.
    what he said, but note that Hall's is 100 miles up lake from the dam - now that's a trip to the gas station for a fill up and a six pack!

PowellScooter
    You can score some 100 low lead at the Page airport, Phone928.645.5356 otherwise use the Shell station on hwy 89 south of town

NOCTURNAL
    Thanks for the replies thus far.
    I will be house boating near Dangling Rope so access to the city or airport will be difficult. I guess I will have to either bring the high octane myself or leave the boat at Havasu (we will have Sea-Ray style ski boats out there so I guess I will have to suffer through it for a week).:yuk:

Wild Horses
    Heck, all this time I just thought it was a short trip from Bull Frog.
    LOL
    Clint

Froggystyle
    Problem with Page airport is you usually have your truck somewhere else, and the airport is about 1/2 mile up hill. So, unless you want to hire a sherpa, you are SOL there too.
    Check your PM's.