Thread: 460 oil pan

blueskiller
    has anyone ever used or know of someone who has used an milodon jet boat pan . they seam to be very will priced just wonder why

RD Express
    I have used them. Never give me any problems.

LakesOnly
    I run the Milodon 10-qt pan. It has the zeused-in windage tray. my entire oiling system (as a whole) holds 13 quarts.
    No complaints,
    LO

blueskiller
    thanks guy's well the stock dip stick work

HotHallet
    I use the Milodon 10qt. as well. Stock dipstick will not work as it hits the windage tray. Needs to be cut slightly.

Blown 472
    My dip stick works, make sure you mark it where the boat will be sitting when you check the oil. ie if you check when hot on the water mark the dipstick there.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by blueskiller
    thanks guy's well the stock dip stick work
    I don't have a clearance issue with my stock dipstick.
    Also it is important to note that the "Hi" & "Low" indicators on your factory dipstick will no longer apply. Your dipstick will be usable, but you will need to re-scribe the oil level as described on the Milodon website:
    "Fill the Empty Pan with the Number of Quarts Listed in this Catalog. Listed Capacities Are For the Oil Pan ONLY and DO NOT Include the Filter. Before Starting the Engine, Check the Dipstick and Scribe the New Full Level Where the Oil Mark Is. The Original Full Mark Has No Bearing on Where Your New Milodon Pan Full Level Will Be."
    This is why my engine has a 10-quart pan but holds 13 quarts of oil...(2 filters, remote lines, etc.)
    LO

blueskiller
    thanks for the info looks like I'm going to buy one

Lakes, just curious, is the new line above or below the original mark on the dipstick? thanks.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by okiedave
    Lakes, just curious, is the new line above or below the original mark on the dipstick? thanks.
    This is a great question.
    My boat is 80 miles away right now...as I recall, it came in at either 1/2-qt or 1-qt above the factory high-point.
    LO
    p.s. remember that there are several dipsticks for the 429/460 engine family, depending on which pan came on the motor from the factory, so your dipstick may read differently.