Thread: Jack at MPD did me right AGAIN.

wsuwrhr
    I made it by Jack's shop to bug him last SUNDAY(does he ever take a day off?) after the swapmeet to pick his brain and spend some money.
    We talked about the impeller problems I had at CBBB, about the boards, shot the shit, talked impellers, loaders, pumps and whatever else I could pry from him. He is a class act, an asset to us all.
    He goes out to look at my set-up, and in 5 seconds, he shows me that the angle is wrong with the loader that I was running, Came with the boat, what can I say? The shoe and loader are shooting at the same area of the impeller, towards the bottom, go figure. I can't believe I didn't notice it. Plain as day when it was pointed out to me.
    Anyway, he says he reads the boards but doesn't post.
    I just wanted to give my big THANKS to him for helping out a regular Joe, especially on a Sunday.
    I bought an Legend "A", and a few other parts to get my project going again.
    The salesman I have to be, fresh from the swapmeet even, I brought in my nitrous bracket and tried to get Jack to buy SOMETHING from me. Didn't work, but I tried. haha
    I think it would be cool for Jack to show up a few boating events, if he has time, to hang out with a group of jet-boaters who are grateful for his contributions.
    Maybe we can start a petition that will get his attention.
    Just my .02
    Brian

HBjet
    No, I don't think Jack even has a home, because he's always at the shop. Hell, he was even there on Thanksgiving working on pumps. Glad to hear he took care of ya, wouldn't expected anything less. It would be cool for guys like Jack and Dave at DNE to come out and boat with us for the weekend, but they are very busy guys.
    It was pretty cool last summer to see Jack at Lost Lake on weekend when Cyclone raced out there for the first time. I know it made Cyclones day when he pulled in from racing and the first person to meet him on the beach was Jack to shake his hand and tell him good job.
    Anyways!
    HBjet

Hotcrusader76
    Good guys are a dieing breed in this performance industry. T
    wo other non-boating guys would have to be Joe Mondello and the late John Lingenfelter in my book.
    But you're right Randy. It really is cool to a hand shake from the legend himself when the atmosphere is non-work related.
    ~Ty

hack job
    well, in talking with dave he said he is going to try and pry jack and him self from ther shops and make it out the the cbbb. . i would be stoked to see them out at any event!

Originally posted by hack job
    well, in talking with dave he said he is going to try and pry jack and him self from ther shops and make it out the the cbbb. . i would be stoked to see them out at any event!
    It would suck to kill their weekends this way, but can you imagine the clinics these two could put on...............

hack job
    i think that part of the reason they will never do it because of the fact that if they are on vaction the last thing they want to do is work .lol

superdave013
    If you guys wanna hang out with Jack all ya gotta do is go to any NJBA race. He's at everyone. I met him for the first time at the last race of the season last year. Real nice guy.

HotHallet
    Jack is currently setting up the pump for my Hallett and has been a pleasure to work with. It would be way cool to see him at CBBB and give him a ride in the boat once it is done.

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    SORRY, JUST MY $.02 WORTH...
    PLEASE DON'T MOVE THIS THREAD INTO ANOTHER (NON JET BOAT) SET OF THREADS!
    I LOVE WHEN YOU GUYS MOVE SENSELESS CHATTER, BUT THIS CONTENT PURE JET TALK!