Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NO DRAMA GUARANTEE!!! Real Jetboat thread

Originally posted by Danhercules
    I was plannin to do it in the boat, out of the water, NOT connected to my freshly rebuilt pump. I think I will weld the old one, sounds like a good idea. I accually never thought of that.
    See, there is good info on here.
    Hey Rex, Thanks!!!!! I am a happy man!!:smilespi: My wife was not, she did not like them in bed last night!
    thanks for the biz Dan.
    We should start including flowers with each set of headers. Probably would sell lots more headers. lol.
    btw if anyone is needing Bassetts I'd get them soon. A substantial price increase is coming from Bassett I expect around the first of March.

FoMoCo
    Hes what I do when I have to run water through the Headers in the drive way. I would first go with what you have said and dont hook up the pump. Second I would hook a Garden hose to your water inlet of your motor with either a lever type shut off valve or a friend at the water spiket and just raise the amount of water pressure up when you put the motor up to 2K rpm. before you lower the idle, lower the water pressure till the headers clear out, then you can lower the idle down. I have down this many times with out problems! But now I have shut off valves right in fornt of the header water inlets, so I adjust it there.

LUVNLIFE
    Originally posted by Boater Bill
    If you had gone roller, you wouldn't have this dilemma.
    I was going to be the smartass and say the same thing. Go Billet. You beat me to it.

CrdStang
    Cyclone,
    a word to the wise, don't use ceramic coated headers to break in a new engine. Small particles of metal come out of the exhaust all burning hot and stuff. It screws up the ceramic coating (assuming the inside of the pipe is coated, obviously). I only know this 'cause I read it in the documentation I got from Jet-Hot. They warranty against practically everything, but not breaking an engine in...

moneysucker
    Originally posted by CrdStang
    Cyclone,
    a word to the wise, don't use ceramic coated headers to break in a new engine. Small particles of metal come out of the exhaust all burning hot and stuff. It screws up the ceramic coating (assuming the inside of the pipe is coated, obviously). I only know this 'cause I read it in the documentation I got from Jet-Hot. They warranty against practically everything, but not breaking an engine in...
    As cyclone knows, and I found out along with my brother, Jet hot turns color when running dry all season. My drag headers have the same problem and jet hot will upgrade to the 2000 coating for a small price but they won't look shiny to start with then look like I primered them. At this point after running all season the breaking in of an engine on headers that have been running dry is not really going to dammage them any more. That is good to know for next round when I run water to them. I am trying to keep them shiny this year.
    Cy

jerry billet
    I always break in motors in the drive way. Car or boat. There is enouph tuning to worry about, don't need any other distractions.
    If you can weld them up and use the garden hose, helps keep everything cool. You willbe working around the motor and checkingstuff. Always help to keep a hot pipe cooled off. HYou need water for the motor anyway. You don't run that dry do you?
    Jerry

American Turbine Man
    I would like to offer this piece of advice. If you break it in on the boat ramp be sure to back in far enough to float the boat level. I broke the cam in one time on the ramp, I backed in just enough to submerge the intake. Bad idea. The ramp angle was steep enough that the oil went to the back of the oil pan. What happened is the oil was aerated and since the cam is lubricated by splash, the cam was flattened on the ramp.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by American Turbine Man
    I would like to offer this piece of advice. If you break it in on the boat ramp be sure to back in far enough to float the boat level. I broke the cam in one time on the ramp, I backed in just enough to submerge the intake. Bad idea. The ramp angle was steep enough that the oil went to the back of the oil pan. What happened is the oil was aerated and since the cam is lubricated by splash, the cam was flattened on the ramp.
    Good point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123