Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wtf?

cyclone
    happened to gas prices? I just paid 2.25 for 89 octane at a 76 station by my office.
    oh yeah. jetboat!

Hotcrusader76
    It's time to head over to the offroad place for some VP or Trick...hell it's almost cheaper there.

Greaser
    And I thought 1.50 was high

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by cyclone
    happened to gas prices? I just paid 2.25 for 89 octane at a 76 station by my office.
    oh yeah. jetboat!
    poor OPEC!! they are screwing us that is what is happening.

cyclone
    its going to be an expensive summer. i think i'm going to just invest in a drum of VP instead of paying nearly as much for 91 at the pump. at this rate it'll be a 3$ a gallon real soon.

Jetdriver
    Its costing me almost 40 bucks just to fill up a 15 gallon tank on my VW, I cant wait to see what its like to fill up a boat!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by Greaser
    And I thought 1.50 was high
    don't worry greaser. we will be at the $2 mark soon but that means $3 a gallon for our buddies in Cali It's good to live in Texas.
    Omega

TexasJet
    I read an article once that said the EPA divided up the US into 6 zones. Each zone has it's own special formulation of gasoline. The zone for the west coast is supposed to burn the cleanest gas and therefor the most expensive to produce. Certain local refineries are slated to produce the specific gas used in that area. Ie, a refinery in Texas does not have the capacity to produce the gas burned on the west coast and vis a versa. Now, if one of the west coast refineries goes down for some reason your going to have a shortage and a price spike. The current high price of oil is the leading factor as well as the decline in the value of the dollar against the main forign currencies. The Arabs are complaining that because of the lower value of the dollar they are not making as much profit as it would seem. The price of oil will probably continue stay high or go up even more as long as the dollar stays low. Basically, we the American consumer are screwed (like that's never happened before).

Greaser
    Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    It's good to live in Texas.
    Omega
    My thoughts exactly

Per usual, we're right in the middle. We're currently at $1.99 per gallon in Arizona. I've heard rumors that we may hit $3.00 per gallon this summer. If that's true...............I'd hate to think what Cali's gonna be like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast