Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When gas hits $3.00...

burtandnancy
    on the street, its sure to hit at least $4.00 at my marina. I'm not a sniveler, but its going to cut down on my kids trips and a lot of friends just refuse to spend that kind of money for a week-end boat ride. In our case, we may just camp out in a cove and make less round trips...

NOTALENT
    when it hits 3.00 we better start to strike...Thats just ridiculous. I hate how they can take advantage of people like that..When I was at havasu last weekend I took 10 5 gallon tanks and filled them all up in AZ...lol Saved a few bucks...but well worth it.

Froggystyle
    After my Powell trip a couple of years back, I got a 50 gallon poly tank with a pump and hose. I needed it for good gas, but now I may just go and fill it up at the Navy exchange gas pump and save some cash for the trips.
    Sucks big time.

jackpunx
    Well.. when gas hits $3.. I'll just .. freaking pay it.. Thats when you start bringing all the friends that have always offerd to pay.. but didnt really want to hang out with them..

Tom Brown
    I'm glad I don't own a jet.

NOTALENT
    You know what we should start a gas strike get the word out and have the news be all over it...and choose a day or to where no one in this freakin nation buys gas...lol lets see what they would do those rat bastards.

Fiat48
    We are just being felt up to see what the max is we will pay before cutting back on consumption. They tested us at $2.00 last year and we balked a little...but kept on going. So now they squeeze some more. But $3.00...no. You have to skin the pig slowly.
    Next year you'll hear someone say "Yeah, gas is down to 1.95 a gallon. Cheap!" Just before they spike it again.
    It's a political thing and all about control and who has it.

Big Boys Toy PE857
    I recieved an e-mail today from a friend that made some sense to me. It said that if everyone would boycot buying gas from just Exxon and Mobile, which I assume are the same company from what the article said, that it would force Exxon to lower thier prices and the other companies would have to follow suit. As opposed to boycotting buying gas just one day a week which was a popular idea last time gas was out of sight. I'm not sure what the answer is but I think some kind of a united consumer front is going to be needed to see some action towards lowering prices. Seems like an issue that the presidential candidates should give thier opinions on. Just tired of feeling so gouged.

sorry dog
    I recieved an e-mail today from a friend that made some sense to me. It said that if everyone would boycot buying gas from just Exxon and Mobile, which I assume are the same company from what the article said, that it would force Exxon to lower thier prices and the other companies would have to follow suit.
    I think that email has been around for a couple of years in various forms.
    BTW- I agree that the retailers should be getting excellent market data on our demand habits. My boat doesn't use that much gas (relatively speaking - 4 mpg with a big wheel) so higher gas prices would only slightly modify my behavior (more Vodka- less gas in my basket of goods)

Pointerman
    Boycotting a gas station or not buying a certain day doesn't impact the refineries at all. You are merely buying the exact same amount of gas from a different station. The only way for prices to come down is for demand to decrease and that means everyone has to drive less.
    This happens every year at this time though. As the refineries transition from the winter gas formula supplies get tight and prices go up. It will come back down again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast