Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When gas hits $3.00...

coolchange
    Hey MMDan was that you hittin 70 on the on ramp to the 5 that was dead stopped this evening?

DaveA
    I paid 1.39/gal for Shell regular yesterday in Charlotte...midgrade and premium were all .10/gal higher over each other.
    Gas price war on Harris Blvd. Everywhere else is 1.57/1.61
    I'm happy.
    Or, more accurately, relieved.

cigarette1
    I was just in Arkansas today and the gas price at the CAR RENTAL return was only $1.31 .... WHY is it so high out here in SoCal

Kachina26
    Originally posted by cigarette1
    I was just in Arkansas today and the gas price at the CAR RENTAL return was only $1.31 .... WHY is it so high out here in SoCal Officially, because of the special formula for our gasoline. First they gouged us to put MTBE in then they gouged us to take it out. Now they are just gouging us because we can't go somewhere else. Tell me another business that can raise prices 25% in 3 weeks time without being drug before congress. Imagine if your groceries went up 25% in 3 weeks. OK.............better stop now or I'm gonna have serious road rage this morning. As for boycotts, they won't miss you, you have to come back eventually.

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    I would be glad for that at .99 a Gal.
    Nasty!
    I thought I could draw some fire with my jet comment. I guess people hate big oil more than they care about the tired old jet/prop shtick.

Pointerman
    Officially, because of the special formula for our gasoline. First they gouged us to put MTBE in then they gouged us to take it out. Now they are just gouging us because we can't go somewhere else. Tell me another business that can raise prices 25% in 3 weeks time without being drug before congress. Imagine if your groceries went up 25% in 3 weeks. OK.............better stop now or I'm gonna have serious road rage this morning. As for boycotts, they won't miss you, you have to come back eventually.
    Additionally, California is an extremely high usage state. We only have a few refineries and they can't produce enough fuel to meet our demands so we have to purchase from out of state. If anything happens to one of the refineries and the flow is shut off or slowed down a shortage happens very quickly. This time of year they are starting to cut over to the less expensive to produce non-winter blend so their production capacity is reduced during the transition. This creates a shortage of supply, more gas has to be imported from other states and the prices go up.

Danhercules
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    om my way home from work tonite the shell at 91 and lincoln prrice for premium was 3.59 a gallon.
    They guy is on crack all the time. He is usually .50 to .75 higher anyway.
    BUT, when he hits 4.00, that means we are alll effed!!!
    I dont get somthin though.........
    I the stations fill there tanks, they buy the gas off the trucks, so, why do they raise the price everyday??? Do they fill the tank everyday? I would think the pice change would come when they fill up the tanks again and pay more for the gas.
    Just somthin to think about. I could be way off, it just crossed my mind.

jerry billet
    Traded the 4 door dually chevy on gas, for a similar ford on diesel.
    Doubled my mileage. And diesel is lower priced.
    Can anyone explaine this? the price of racing fuel has not changed in 3 years. I expect it will increase soon because union/76 no longer makes racing fuel.

eliminatedsprinter
    Officially, because of the special formula for our gasoline. First they gouged us to put MTBE in then they gouged us to take it out. Now they are just gouging us because we can't go somewhere else. Tell me another business that can raise prices 25% in 3 weeks time without being drug before congress. Imagine if your groceries went up 25% in 3 weeks. OK.............better stop now or I'm gonna have serious road rage this morning. As for boycotts, they won't miss you, you have to come back eventually.

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by Pointerman
    Additionally, California is an extremely high usage state. We only have a few refineries and they can't produce enough fuel to meet our demands so we have to purchase from out of state. If anything happens to one of the refineries and the flow is shut off or slowed down a shortage happens very quickly. This time of year they are starting to cut over to the less expensive to produce non-winter blend so their production capacity is reduced during the transition. This creates a shortage of supply, more gas has to be imported from other states and the prices go up.
    All of the above points are correct. Plus our state legislature is dominated by far left wing hacks who don't pay for their own gas and are blatently hostile twards individual motorists...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast