Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When gas hits $3.00...

Mandelon
    Originally posted by Danhercules
    They guy is on crack all the time. He is usually .50 to .75 higher anyway.
    BUT, when he hits 4.00, that means we are alll effed!!!
    I dont get somthin though.........
    I the stations fill there tanks, they buy the gas off the trucks, so, why do they raise the price everyday??? Do they fill the tank everyday? I would think the pice change would come when they fill up the tanks again and pay more for the gas.
    Just somthin to think about. I could be way off, it just crossed my mind.
    I raised this point at my local station and the owner actually showed me his invoice from the driver. The station raises it only when the new trucks come in, and they go through a couple of trucks a day. They only make 3 or 4 cents markup per gallon. They make way more on pepsis and candy.

Originally posted by jerry billet
    Traded the 4 door dually chevy on gas, for a similar ford on diesel.
    Doubled my mileage. And diesel is lower priced.
    Can anyone explaine this? the price of racing fuel has not changed in 3 years. I expect it will increase soon because union/76 no longer makes racing fuel.
    My guess is that it is subject to none of the emission additive requirement that pump gas in CA is. Probably isn't even made in CA. Refinery fluctuations probably don't affect it for that reason.
    Or maybe they've been so busy gouging us on pump gas they've just overlooked this so far because they're busy counting the money.

bigq
    Originally posted by Pointerman
    Additionally, California is an extremely high usage state. We only have a few refineries and they can't produce enough fuel to meet our demands so we have to purchase from out of state. If anything happens to one of the refineries and the flow is shut off or slowed down a shortage happens very quickly. This time of year they are starting to cut over to the less expensive to produce non-winter blend so their production capacity is reduced during the transition. This creates a shortage of supply, more gas has to be imported from other states and the prices go up.
    Sounds like it is the other way around according to AAA:
    The main reason gas prices have increased locally and statewide, she said, is due to recent problems in California — Arizona receives 70 percent of its gasoline from the neighboring state. She said a recent problem at one California refinery, and a rumor of problems at another, drove up prices in that state 30 percent Friday.
    Kinda weird that Arizona would get CA gas. I am liking my new diesel right now though. I still think they are taking advantage of us, happens every year.

OGShocker
    I love my DuraMax!
    I'd pay $4.00.9 per gallon in the boat. Hell I have not been to the lake in so long I'd pay $10.00.9 pg just to go for a boat ride.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345