Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: AGGRESSOR (OOTB) SS pics for HBjet

Cas
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    You do have money when it comes to your shops recommendations dont ya? Shit, you have an open checkbook and you know it!
    [B]
    I'm not afraid of much hb....you messin around...maybe. Only problem is my impeller is in my pump right now. Tryin to pursuade the local to lend me one...he doesnt want to get involved with the drama.....you know me and you with drama....hand in hand.
    I'm still workin on it...just keep drooling over that brand X stainless in the meantime and wonder if it would have made you faster..... Better yet get me my numbers i asked for.
    CHET
    P.S. they machine those impellers on a different blade angle than berkeley from what i gather.
    ya know Chet, up until now, I kept my mouth shut as what you posted was your opinion. The way I see it is you're the one blowing smoke. You're backing down from your offer with HB and you've made comments about the Ultimate wear ring but have yet to produce it either.
    You want HB to pull his pump apart for the switch but you're not? What's up with that? Maybe you're the one that's lacking the true confidence in what you have.
    I really think it's time you put up or shut up.......pretty simple huh?

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by Cas
    You want HB to pull his pump apart for the switch but you're not? What's up with that? Maybe you're the one that's lacking the true confidence in what you have.
    I really think it's time you put up or shut up.......pretty simple huh?
    Ya know Cas, as usual you and most people that dont follow CLOSELY enough wouldnt' notice HB is trading up his OLD impeller that is already out of the boat not the new berk SS..understand?? If you dont know what month february means in the north it means SNOW and things are put away as of right now.
    Hopefully i made that as simple as you. Now go back to your washed up laid back forum and talk about panthers(or cookouts etc, etc..) to whoever will listen. When you get to 87MPH or better with that panther or the new berk you have now let me know...otherwise get your story straight before you post k??
    CHET

Cas
    ya see Chet, I'm really not one that cares how fast my boat goes, I don't really care how fast yours is or HB's for that matter. You put up the offer so it's you that needs to produce. HB has already put up numbers about his engine and what his boat does.
    You're blowing smoke, you have yet to prove didley squat. You make BS statements and don't back them up.
    again, put up or shut up!

Ken F
    HB-
    Yes, there is a DEFINATE difference in the angles on an agressor. Much more agressive pardon the pun. That's really why they pump more water than Berk.
    Or, why they recommend going from an A Berk to a B agressor when doing an impeller change (i.e.)
    Ken F

pops1
    Originally posted by Willis
    Feb. 24, 2004
    565 Edge,
    Allen, are you racing this year?
    Well I will there and we will be in the 8.50 Brackets this year.
    Willis Willis I have been trying to get hold of you. Even called school- Now my problem is I don't remember why! Dave Aggressor

Originally posted by Cas
    ya see Chet, I'm really not one that cares how fast my boat goes, I don't really care how fast yours is or HB's for that matter. You put up the offer so it's you that needs to produce. HB has already put up numbers about his engine and what his boat does.
    You're blowing smoke, you have yet to prove didley squat. You make BS statements and don't back them up.
    again, put up or shut up!
    How much more laid back can you get than this?

jweeks123
    Originally posted by Ken F
    Yes, there is a DEFINATE difference in the angles on an agressor. Much more agressive pardon the pun. That's really why they pump more water than Berk.
    ken, would you site the pump reference material where you found this info, [i.e. that adding more to the front of the blade at a differnet angle makes it pump more water]. it's hard to find this kind of info. like to know where you got it.
    jw

pops1
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Have you guys ever heard of blade indexing(sp)well Duane showed us a blade indexer he uses to clean up imp.First he put it on a Berkeley imp and the blades were way off from one another some to the point of qurter inch.But the Aggressor was right on.
    I am not trying to be like I love Aggressor but some things are shown to you in person well it makes you think mabey its worth a nother look.(stock vs stock)
    Also please leave this as a Aggressor verses Berkeley thing not a HTP vs MPD.
    Jake This is not a Berkeley /Aggressor thing it is about our design vs all others. If any person takes a look at the two Impellers frontal to frontal its a done deal. Vane Draft/Attack is clear, Large fillet radius are gone, Volumn capacity is far greater,Larger facial inlet Diameter
    You cannot charge detail grind the impeller! What are you going to remove to increase its flow rate 0. The alloy has been changed to withstand the additional load demand 17-4 Heat Treated to a controlled spec. Same with our Mag. Bronze it has a higher number then most others Stainless Steel programs.
    We have produced a unpleasent looking appearance on our Impellers in the past, Our alloy selection on each impeller was criticle, as each must withstand its level of HP demand. I am sorry aesthetics over function was the basis for evualuation in that case. You cannot due what we are doing on the foundry side without major problems. We have a heavy shrould base flowing into a very thin Vane on a high degree angle such as ours. Thick to Thin is not a good pour condition in any foundry. We compound it by going to higher alloys which contain Mag. & such to off set the strength loss in structual design by its vanes, the volumn flow capacity, and its Attack rate are so much higher. I am very aware of our past look yet I defend the fact it worked even then. Proof is the Racers ran it back then as today and set the records and won. The Big Joke is not on me but the ones buying fake Bronze Impellers thinking they are getting the same high end Alloy as we are producing from the same source's.
    As I told you before we have a great team here at Aggressor, there is over 400 years of foundrymanship (If such word) about the same in pump design & mfg. from 3" pumps, to pumps you can walk thru the vanes standing up.
    We were involved in in the resent re-do of Hover Dam, also most all pumps along the Colorado River. The parent foundry has produced the housing and Impellers for the largest selling pump in the world "Little Giant" which is used to drain most every pool out there among other things.
    The Impeller Design concept we proceeded with has now been in development in some form 15+ years. Bob Cunningham (Midnight Oil ) ran it in a form and set records back then in N.J.B.A.
    We never intended to produce a complete drive, only increase our sales. When we were rejected in a meeting with the powers in pump sales and told our impeller was no good (by one of the self proclaimed Jet Guru's). We held a meeting of which it became very clear we would be required to develope a complete pump, and develope our own market. We did not stop here we formed a group both in the pump "know how" and in its application market. Bob Cunningham, Ross Wilder, Tom Papp, Bob Leach, Harry Christenson and others. #2 our bowl design was necessary as our impeller increases the bowl pressure on all others bowls tested. The pressure increase further indicated a higher flow was necessary. In the Pump industry, it is a known law that vane's "should not" be a multiple of the Impeller vane's. (A on going question in another link here). So 2X4 Impeller Vanes = 8
    if not 8 what then we picked 9 as the base. The bowl was a team effort in development and its internal design has proved to have great water control, straight exit water, increased MPH & E.T. Cut.
    I have seen the Bowl correct a bad porpose condition on one race boat when a lot of other people tried to correct it by other means. Our performance suction came out 4 years after our bowl and Impeller and after the insert drive. We took note on the suctions being ran with the innerds converted over to Aggressor.
    Most all were berkeley's at the races. What came out of this learning was our set up demanded more inlet water& far more structual integrety must be added to the suction. The Hand Hole must be increased to allow for those that want a Pop Off Valve, rather then bore out the undersize existing unit which takes away structual from the pump. The addition of cast water outlets was criticle to add structual to the suction and a very beefed up Bearing Cap Area. "All were weak points"
    We allowed Aggressor to be tied up 1 1/2 years to a Giant Boat Mfg. in the industry while we developed a special pump to meet there projected needs for the upcomming years. This agreement was done on a hand shake 5-6 years ago with the president of that company. Upon our complete demonstration of the our working pump in several of there boats, both here and in Florida
    both companys were ready to go. In comes the second largest motor and out drive conmpany to stop it in its track. That company owned 17% of the Parent Corps stock, the President was let go. A Second set of berkeley tooling had been aquired
    by Larry Smith of Scareb back when berkeley was going to close out that pump (developed for the 4.3 and smaller motors) The first set went to Legend. Larry had tried to play with this pump with rotary and smaller motors. As Wellcraft had aquired Scarab in a buyout, and with Volvo's need for a pump to replace our program, Larry sold the tooling to Volvo. The program lasted less then one year and was scrapped and written off. That pump was the Volvo JPX Pump. We wish it had lasted as we developed a Impeller which much improved this pump and our price vs Volvo would have been OK by us. The Pump I am talking about is our JR Drive which we developed out of pocket as we wanted to retain the rights to it. Some History! Dave

1tricky1
    That is some of the most interesting stuff I've read on here lately!
    Thanks Dave!

Ken F
    Well JW, I've seen the difference in person. ..
    I've had Duane show me the difference in the two side by side.....
    And now you have it from the horses mouth. (see above post- I hope that didn't come out sounding smart-assed...I didnt intend it that way)
    As far as a book, you got me on that one.
    I would like to second the thanks Dave for taking the time to fill us all in on a little history! Facinating, and thanks for sharing.
    Ken F

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast