Thread: Jacobs electronic ignitions

Blown 472
    Who has one, I was checking them out and they are spendy, what is the advantage over msd or crane.
    When my msd dies agian, and the back up goes to I would be looking for something diff for a blown dealio.

HBjet
    I ran the milage master on my old dually... I know you wouldn't run that model on your boat... But I was happy with their product.
    HBjet

78Eliminator
    Got one in the Schiada. Seems to work just fine.....

I've never heard any negatives on the Jacobs. Just not real familiar with em.

Blown 472
    Thanks all.

dc96819
    I tried one on a turbo set up and it dident work well,need more time to figure it out

Fired Up
    This is only my .02 . I know the application may not apply, but the product is the same. I bought a Jacobs system for my motorhome. It was bad. They sent me a new and improved model. Still wouldn't run right so they sent me a third . The application and installation was followed to a "T". I was in constant contact with their tech staff. Finally asked for my money back because we could never get it to run right. Thats when they stopped talking to me. Never did get reimbursed. I went back to the stock ignition and the rig has run fine. I personally run a Crane Hi-6 digital ignition in my bracket boat. No problems after two years. MSD also has digital ignition boxes as well. Stick with better known brands with a track record. good luck.

blown formula
    I had Jacobs installed in a Procharged full roller 454. It cleaned up the transom, stopped fouling of the plugs thru long idle zones & added 500 rpm to the top end. I was extremely satisfied. I am currently installing two of them on my "very special" NA motors in my Sonic.
    The only negative I would have is that "Doc" Jacobs sold out to Mr. Gasket. Their tech line is hard to get anyone and then they don't know much. Also, Mr. Gasket discontinued the Marine Master unit.....

Foggerjet
    Blown, we run a Jacobs FC3000 in a drag car and it works great. We also run a Holley Digital Anhilator on a twin turbo dragger. This is the most versatile, adjustable sysem I've used. It was a real PITA to get set up right tho, distributor phasing etc. But, once we got it right we locked down the distributor bolt(s) and havn't touched it since. Any and all adjustments are made from a handheld console or laptop. Timing curve, boost retard, base timing, cranking retard, everything. It is boost referenced also. Also a multi-step retard for nitrous. It has a 3 step rev limiter too.
    I'm not selling Holley products but it did everything we needed plus. Again, it was a Beeeaatch to get it right. the friggin manual looks like a summit catalog.
    fog