Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STV Keith

You Te
    56 LBS regulator Bosch 0 280 160 222
    You Te

STV_Keith
    Thanks Tony...Now I just have to find one for a reasonable cost. I can get aftermarket ones for like $45, original Bosch is like $90 from what I have seen.
    Know of any good place for original Bosch?

You Te
    I called a couple of Bosch dealers, none of them could find a 56 LBS but they could find the 39 LBS. I 've changed the 39 LBS to a 56 LBS with a socket and a vise by compressing the top of the regulator.
    It's a pain in the ass, it's squeeze and test, squeeze and test.
    You Te

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by You Te
    I called a couple of Bosch dealers, none of them could find a 56 LBS but they could find the 39 LBS. I 've changed the 39 LBS to a 56 LBS with a socket and a vise by compressing the top of the regulator.
    It's a pain in the ass, it's squeeze and test, squeeze and test.
    You Te Example of how to modify regulator (http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/i...=ST&f=5&t=1924)

STV_Keith
    Sorry, I ain't doing that. I'm a "buy the right part" kinda guy.
    The 39# regulator I have now has already been jimmy'd up a bit, and I'm not gonna run it.

You Te
    Keith,
    There is nothing wrong with buying the right part, just make sure you are willing to open your wallet.
    You Te

randy77zt
    try www.kinsler.com they dont care what you are using the part for.they sell fuel injection parts to race car teams.it seems like if you mention the word boat the price doubles.do you still need that plug for the trim sensor mounting hole?

STV_Keith
    I'm gonna go ahead and stick with OEM Bosch. Found a new one for $90...not TOO bad.
    Thanks Randy, the powdercoater found them. Whew!

Boatmaster
    Kieth I have that reg in stock and can save you alittle. Just a thought. Drew at 925-828-5775. Come on Randy, what did you forget about your local dealer? Just kidding, but always give me a shot at saving you some money.

randy77zt
    drew-if you got bosch part # it allows for some shopping around on parts.2.5 injectors were used in a mercedes 4.5 v8 in middle 70's.do you have any extra gaffrig gauges laying around?doing my normal winter maintenence/upgrading.dont want to buy new if i dont have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast