Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **SPAM** Marine Step

Quality Time
    Not too crazy about attaching it to the trailer and sliding it as you wipe.

fourspeednup
    I like the second picture...c'mon guys how can you put a price on your safety?

Pointerman
    Good idea, but you'll have to get your costs down so you can sell them for under $100 if you hope to make a business out of this.

Outnumbered
    The sad truth is that, in order to be competitive, you will probably have to manufacture them in a third world country like China or Mexico. That just ain't right.
    OL

OutCole'd
    I would like to order one of each color please, I will just go to the tree in the back yard and pluck a few more bills off of it to pay.

Froggystyle
    You may want to look at an extruded aluminum instead of billet. You can get lengths of it (just like a ladder) for pennies on the dollar compared to milling billet, and it would be just as strong. You could totally build it the same way, and use some billet features.
    As I have found out multiple times the hard way, people just will not pay big for stuff like that. They will either choose to go make it themselves using a similar pattern (already been asked), do without, or rationalize why they don't need it.
    It looks like a very useful tool though. Well engineered and conceived by a boater obviously.
    Until the money tree blooms, I will just have to stick with the $29 step ladder that folds flat into under 2". I have one in the house right now, and cannot believe how much more we use it than the big outside ladder now that it is convenient.

bigq
    I am with Mr. Wes. Why make it out of billet any way. I know squat about machining, but can't molds and just por them also, or the extruded aluminum?

Froggystyle
    Billet Nazi...
    Don't you know that anything made of aluminum is billet Dave?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12