Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Insurance For My New Cat

jm2drvr
    I tried all the above only to put my dollar with worldwide marine @ 1800.339.1235 Cheapest I could find-$2300 no layup- Mach 26 w/ 300x's

ZSARGO
    GOT A QUOTE FOR $304 PER YEAR FROM THE PEOPLE WHO INSURED MY DCB??? ALLSTATE. I WILL GO WITH IT FOR NOW. I'M SURE I WILL GET CANCELLED ALSO AND HAVE TO PAY OUT THE REAR LATER. BUT THAT'S LATER.

ZSARGO
    MARKEL GAVE ME A QUOTE OF $1700.00 NOT TO BAD. I WILL KEEP ON LOOKING.

6 Dollar Boat
    304 / yr ??? must be a mistake. I will be surprised if that quote goes through. I am looking at around 3,500 / yr for a new Lavey Cat w/ 800 ponies. good luck

bigq
    Originally posted by ZSARGO
    GOT A QUOTE FOR $304 PER YEAR FROM THE PEOPLE WHO INSURED MY DCB??? ALLSTATE. I WILL GO WITH IT FOR NOW. I'M SURE I WILL GET CANCELLED ALSO AND HAVE TO PAY OUT THE REAR LATER. BUT THAT'S LATER.
    Huh! Is that your agent in the mugshot? It must be because that is crazy. You said a cat hull not a V right?

jm2drvr
    I wouldn't even bother sending them a check, chances are even if they do cash it you won't be covered. I am sure everyone here on the boards would agree.

mbrown2
    Get the binder; verify everything is listed correctly and run it like you stole it.....That is pretty cheap and pretty stupid on their part, but if they bind you and everything is truthful screw them..
    If need another route, call Devin Wozencraft at Farmers in Mission Viejo or Tustin..call info for his number...3300 no layup.

Three Days Only
    last resort call Markel, they will cover you for sure. Im paying 4600 per year with a layup, but if anything happens I know that im covered and it is a legit policy. Once they find out its a cat the rates go through the roof. I got quoted from one company 740 per year, I found out the lady quoted it as a catamaran (sailboat) with twin engines. go figure.
    Jeff

bigq
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    last resort call Markel, they will cover you for sure. Im paying 4600 per year with a layup, but if anything happens I know that im covered and it is a legit policy. Once they find out its a cat the rates go through the roof. I got quoted from one company 740 per year, I found out the lady quoted it as a catamaran (sailboat) with twin engines. go figure.
    Jeff
    uh? It is a catamaran hull, isnt it?
    $3800, $4600 damn must be a lot of millionares on these boards, I'm lagging.

Essex29
    Don't deckboats use a Cat hull? Then why is insurance for them still reasonable?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast