Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Insurance For My New Cat

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by TheGreyGoose
    Don't deckboats use a Cat hull? Then why is insurance for them still reasonable?
    Because the insurance companies don't know what the hell they are insuring. If they find out they are cats they will be in the same boat (no pun intended).

LAVEYSABRE575
    ace ins. 2500.00 a year with layup like markel you know your stuff is really covered , i was with farmers on my HTM it had 750 hp. i was paying 1200.00 a year found out later if anything was to have happened i wouldnt have been covered, i also disclosed to my farmers broker the truth about the motor and provided pics, he tryed to kink the system by saying it had a mercury outdrive with engine also it was a runabout, thank god nothing happened....my agent for ace is marty at charter lakes marine ins. 800-879-2248.........derek

jackpunx
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    last resort call Markel, they will cover you for sure. Im paying 4600 per year with a layup, but if anything happens I know that im covered and it is a legit policy. Once they find out its a cat the rates go through the roof. I got quoted from one company 740 per year, I found out the lady quoted it as a catamaran (sailboat) with twin engines. go figure.
    Jeff
    They wouldnt insure mine

Three Days Only
    Originally posted by jackpunx
    They wouldnt insure mine
    Thats becasuse of the 2 DUI's, 5 Speed Tickets, 2 Felony Charges for GTA, and the pursuit they aired on national tv. Im surprised your still lurking around these boards, and not in the penn. Come on lets be honest, Stokers are just to fast.
    Jeff

dorC
    I'd insure the boat as a tri-maran. It has a center sponson right?

jackpunx
    :yuk: :yuk: Yea..its tough.. Im only 17.. lost my license 7 times and the DUI's were set ups man!! I'll just seal my record when I turn 18.. Then I'll be able to insure my 40' skater
    Actually Im insured by progressive.. but Im sure if something happens.. they will cancel me.

mbrown2
    BTW, on my Insurance, Although I go through a Farmers Agent, It is not Farmers who is insuring the boat. It is an ACE policy managed by the Farmers Agent. Farmers actually insured my last cat under the impression it was stock; not this one. They had to get a quote from ACE. Initially, I did not get the most competitive quote from them, so I called Worldwide and they got a more competitive ACE quote. I went back to Farmers and let them know Sack-up or lose all my policies...they sacked up and beat the deal from ACE..... I was actually a little perturbed that they were not giving me the best deal up front and let them know I would pull all the policies if I see that shit again.

Liquid Life
    ZSARGO, Is your 25' Daytona the one out of Havasu with the purple and yellow rip? A friend of mine was talking about a 25' w/ Paul Pffaf motor out of Havasu, but he can't pull together the funds.

Havasu Cig
    One more State Farm victim.....This is from the OSO board
    28' Daytona Insurance (Post #1)
    Looking for the best rates. I had State Farm for my 25' Daytona but for some reason they did'nt like the 28, I just got a cancellation notice from them after a month. When I called to see what was up, they told me they did'nt insure cats. I guess they made a mistake when they insured my 25' for 4 years.

ZSARGO
    Originally posted by Liquid Life
    ZSARGO, Is your 25' Daytona the one out of Havasu with the purple and yellow rip? A friend of mine was talking about a 25' w/ Paul Pffaf motor out of Havasu, but he can't pull together the funds.
    THAT'S THE ONE. THE BOAT WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION, RAN A STRONG 96ISH AND I HOPE WITH A LITTLE TWEAKING I CAN HIT THE CENTURY MARK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123