Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sacramento Shootout

RACER52
    high hopes, he's got higggghhhhh hopes. hahahaha
    RIM=I think you will be close, I think the motor can put out the power.
    Are you gonna have the nitrous plumbed for the Powerboat mag. dealio?
    BUT
    doesnt adding the second intercooler drop the power gain of the extra boost a little?? This is just a guess and I'm probably way off cause I'm a newbie but the extra volume would mean you would need more boost to get the same power as lets say 15psi and 1 cooler???
    Racer52

RACER52
    what octane is vp c16???

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RACER52
    high hopes, he's got higggghhhhh hopes. hahahaha
    RIM=I think you will be close, I think the motor can put out the power.
    Are you gonna have the nitrous plumbed for the Powerboat mag. dealio?
    BUT
    doesnt adding the second intercooler drop the power gain of the extra boost a little?? This is just a guess and I'm probably way off cause I'm a newbie but the extra volume would mean you would need more boost to get the same power as lets say 15psi and 1 cooler???
    Racer52
    Wont have the NOS installed for Parker and I wont even put it on later if the motor performs as expected,ill leave the NOS for Hulshot as he needs it !!!! They say the second innercooler wont effect the boost and if it does I will just bump up the boost a little.VP- C16 fuel is aprox the same as 120 Oct Gas ,I dont want to take any chances on detination so went with the best gas I coild get. The high boost will be only for parker and Sacramento ,will drop back to 12-15 for the Heatwave as I want this motor to last the summer ,hoping for 40 hrs out of it !!!!!!!
    This is going to be one exciting summer !!!! yee !!!!! Hawwww !!! Come on Keith-AWU-RasonRaft-Hulshot-Boat030- and all others lets get this summer off to great start at Havasu !!!!! Ill even buy the Firts round of Shasta Cola hehehe !!!!! I left out the Weed Whackers !!!! on pourpose !!!! as there considered Floating Ice Chests !!!!!
    When is everyone geting to Sactramento ? I have rooms at the Embassy Suits Fri & Sat nights

RACER52
    I wonder what my engine will do with 120 octane and 20lbs boost??
    hmmmmm
    For the Sac shootout we will be there. Not sure if were staying there or coming home each day since it only takes 30 min to drive there.
    I want to see some pics of the motor when its back in the boat???
    Racer

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RACER52
    I wonder what my engine will do with 120 octane and 20lbs boost??
    hmmmmm
    For the Sac shootout we will be there. Not sure if were staying there or coming home each day since it only takes 30 min to drive there.
    I want to see some pics of the motor when its back in the boat???
    Racer
    It wont work in your motor you have to have 598+ cubic inches to run 120 Oct fuel !!!!! And 20 lbs will just distroy your motor !!!!
    Really !!!!!! dont believe me !!!! Just ask !!!! hehehe !!!!
    Just can't have another one of these around !!!!!!

RACER52
    and I guess next your gonna tell me that you can only run that combo in a delaminator:yuk:

STVBOY
    NOS is a funny thing. That 200 pill could have very well gave you like 300 instead of 200 hundred.There are so many variables with NOS that you really don't know.And Nos just makes power in a totally different way because it creates a ton of torque intantly.Adding the 200 to 300 more with NOS versus your new motor is just a different kind of power.Good Luck!!

Robbie Racer
    Rocket, I think STV is right on about the nitrous. The word that I get from the experts is that a 200 hp set up on a blower motor may actually give you more, perhaps even 300 hp. That means that you were probably running close to 1400 hp at Havasu to go 137+. I think you have been listening to too many sales people if you think you will get 1500 to 1600 hp on your 598" motor with the Quad only (without the nitrous). I will buy you a case of Shasta Cola's if you can prove you are making 1500 hp. I think you will make around 1400 (which still ain't too shabby by the way) and that will get you back to the 137 to 140 mph range (depending on air and water conditions). Then I predict you will add the nitrous back on, in order to try and break the speed record. Which, I think you should be able to do, with both the Quad and the nitrous. (If you don't break your drive or the motor first).
    Good luck in any event.
    Keith

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by Robbie Racer
    Rocket, I think STV is right on about the nitrous. The word that I get from the experts is that a 200 hp set up on a blower motor may actually give you more, perhaps even 300 hp. That means that you were probably running close to 1400 hp at Havasu to go 137+. I think you have been listening to too many sales people if you think you will get 1500 to 1600 hp on your 598" motor with the Quad only (without the nitrous). I will buy you a case of Shasta Cola's if you can prove you are making 1500 hp. I think you will make around 1400 (which still ain't too shabby by the way) and that will get you back to the 137 to 140 mph range (depending on air and water conditions). Then I predict you will add the nitrous back on, in order to try and break the speed record. Which, I think you should be able to do, with both the Quad and the nitrous. (If you don't break your drive or the motor first).
    Good luck in any event.
    Keith
    Maybe I should take pullys for a bit more boost just in case. I will be making a few runs at Parker myself the day before the Powerboat Tests so should know about what it will do . The reason I think the 200hp on NOS is correct is the Boat ran 127mph without the NOS at Havasu and 137.1 with it thats an increase of 10mph for a 200 hp pill(NOS) I understand that 20 hp get you 1 mph so the numbers work based on what I read. I think I will be at 20+/1 compression at 20 lbs boost and with 120+ oct fuel the power should be there if not your right I will add back on the NOS and break that record Eliminator has.
    I wont be running that much boost very often ,, Just when your around !!!! hehehe !!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123