Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your boat?

wsuwrhr
    I am having trouble with the city in making my garage big enough for a shop and boat storage. It seems that when my house was built in 1950, boats weren't 19 feet long and 25 feet long with the trailer, jet and diverter.
    I am not cutting the tongue for a swing-away. Still won't help, since the boat doesn't even have a bowl on it.
    Since my boat design is 30 or 40 years old, I was curious where you guys, and gals, keep your modern boats, since the norm is now minimum 25-30ft and larger. Pics if you got them. I need some ideas.
    Brian

Mandelon
    Cut a hole in the back of the garage and build a shed addition. F the city and their permits.
    I keep mine in the side yard under a carport I got a Price Club. A regular cover and then the snap cover keep the f-ing cats out of it.
    I have friends that pay local storage but that sucks doesn't it.

Trash
    My boat is 20' 6" long, about 22 ish with the outdrive and add another foot for the trailer with the tongue detached. Garage is barely 20 feet deep. I manage to back it in at an angle with the rear left and right corners of the hull touching the back and side walls. The outdrive is turned full left. I have about 1-2 inches of clearance between the whats left of the trailer after tongue removal and the garage door. Neighbors are amazed I can shoe horn the thing in. Sorry I don't have pictures. It's not pretty anyway!
    I'd build another garage if I ever could afford it.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    Cut a hole in the back of the garage and build a shed addition. F the city and their permits.
    I keep mine in the side yard under a carport I got a Price Club. A regular cover and then the snap cover keep the f-ing cats out of it.
    I have friends that pay local storage but that sucks doesn't it.
    The whole rear of the boat will be sticking out, transom and all, the garage is 18 feet deep.
    I have one of those high dollar carports from costco/sams,but I just have a car cover for the boat. When the winds pick up out here, good bye gelcoat after the poles get through with it.
    What do you think?
    Brian

Mandelon
    Why can't you make a shed thing on the back of the garage....then take out a piece of the back wall big enough for the boat to fit into? Not the whole boat just a few feet.
    I used to have the same problem putting a 19 foot boat into an 18 foot deep garage. I did cut the tounge off and got a sleeve to put inside it. Couple of hitchpins and it worked great. Made it pretty damn hard to steal too.

Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    What do you think?
    Brian
    Your garage is too small http://999999.c.telecomputing.no/PatChat/ikoner/82.gif

RiverKitty
    Originally posted by Mandelon
    A regular cover and then the snap cover keep the f-ing cats out of it.
    Dang Mandy!
    No wonder I couldn't sneak in the boat last night!
    Damn snaps!!

Tom Brown
    I have the best solution of all. I store my boat in someone else's garage that's 30 feet long. That garage is about 100' from where I do my boating but it's close enough.
    My hull is 16'4". With outboard and trailer tongue, it's all I can do to fit it in my 24' garage. While it fits, I'm going to go for a swing away tongue trailer next year. It's probably the cheapest option going if you just need a couple of feet and even if you had a huge shop, it's always nice to fold up the tongue and have the boat take up a little less space.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Rexone
    Your garage is too small http://999999.c.telecomputing.no/PatChat/ikoner/82.gif
    Really?
    It is as big as your catalog. Too small. haha.
    Brian

framer1
    I have it pretty rough ,I have three 40' deep garages and those are just for boats Have extra garages for cars,jet skis and kabota tractor, lawn tractor etc. Just thought I would brag a little

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast