Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Tax!!!!

79 HUSTLER
    If I was to receive a luxury tax for my new toy when would one usaully receive one and has anyone received their's yet. I am not sure of how this works so if anyone has any info this would help out alot. Thanks-KELLY

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by 79 HUSTLER
    If I was to receive a luxury tax for my new toy when would one usaully receive one and has anyone received their's yet. I am not sure of how this works so if anyone has any info this would help out alot. Thanks-KELLY
    ..about the same time as your property tax bill from the county assessor.
    My understanding was that it is completely random, I didn't get one for 2 years then last year I got one...1% of the purchase price.

Havasu Luvr
    In San Bernardino County, if you own your vessel 1 minute pass midnight Jan 1 in 2003 or for the whole year then you will recieve a tax of approx 1% in July 2004 and due by Aug 31 2004.

79 HUSTLER
    Thanks for the replies guys. 1% is not as bad as I was expecting. My salesman was telling me that it was the same as a sales tax-8 1/4%. and that was going to become a serious problem and some serious coin.
    Havasu Luvr- what if you boat is never in ca and is also registered in az. I was on the lookout for your boat on presidents weekend but had no luck. I will definately watch out for you during the year. Later-KELLY

jackpunx
    Hey Kelly
    I didnt see you out on presidents weekend either

Bad Puddy Tat
    Register your Boat in Arizona as Non-Resident. Cost is $125 a year but that's a hellof alot cheaper than the luxury tax. Keep the trailer registered in Ca. so your legal. Problem solved and money saved

79 HUSTLER
    Hey Kelly
    I didnt see you out on presidents weekend either
    Hey Bro, I kept an eye out for you as well but actually did not see anyone from here. Except Derek's Lavey cat and that was all. But if it makes you feel better I did see your boat on the trailer in the dirt lot at the Nauti Inn (or an exact replica) on saturday around 4:00. Those Fockers would not let me through to load by boat back on there trailer I'll keep an eye out for ya when the season starts... KELLY

79 HUSTLER
    Register your Boat in Arizona as Non-Resident. Cost is $125 a year but that's a hellof alot cheaper than the luxury tax. Keep the trailer registered in Ca. so your legal. Problem solved and money saved.
    That would be great but I do not think that the registration fees has much to do with Luxury Tax. I was told that if the boat was delivered (and notarized) in AZ and stored in AZ then Ca can not **** you with the Tax- Is this right???

jackpunx
    Yea.. That was mine.. I dropped it and launched on Sunday... We'll defiantly see each other out there.. Your boat is kinda hard to miss

Quality Time
    Is it a luxury tax or a property tax?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast