Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Sanger" Emblem

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I was going to reproduce a bunch of these for the guys on the boards awhile ago.. Until I was notified about a potential lawsuit from Sanger if I did it.. I talked to the folks at sanger about it, and they wanted me to make them, sell them to them so they could mark them up and sell them out of there place.
    I lost interest about that point..
    To make these would be incredibly simple though.. Get ahold of an original. Cast an RTV Mold off of it, pour in wax, investment cast in aluminum. Total part cost would be about 30 bucks a peace.
    I'm having some vents done for a guy on the boards right now, but I'm not going to say who, or what mfg they were originally made from becuase I'm not interested in getting sued..
    RD
    Not to be a buzzkill, but investment cast in aluminum for 30? For the same price they could be made out of billet, with much better material characteristics for strength, durabilty, and finish properties.
    Just my .02
    Brian

CircleJerk
    Brian! Would you consider making me some Lavey-Craft emblems out of billet. Al never made them as far as I know for the race hulls and I have never seen them on any Laveys of the period. I would be very interested in adding a non original one to the dash so I wouldnt have to paint it on. People always ask since its so different and to others 'plain ugly'! The current manufacture may have some but it wouldnt represent the old Al boats well in my opinion. thanks

78Eliminator
    Dave, if you do it for cost and don't make any profit, is that really something they can sue you for? Also, if you end up doing that, I would like to involved in the process. I have always been interested in what you do and would like to follow the procedures. I'll even bring the cold ones....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123