Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The word ***boat...and why I am upset

locogringo
    I receive four magazines pertaining to boats. Three of them I receive on a regular, timely fashion. The other one is like a 68 Porsche; it decides to start and behave when it wants to.
    I have never written a rebuttal to a magazine article before but was so distraught and amazed by the apathetic comments in the opening ***boat article that it has at least prompted me to write me feelings about it on this board.
    Sounding the False Alarm under Observer's Seat, for the most part seemed like an agnostic child in the belief that the sky really isn't blue and the world round.
    The pent up anger erupting in this article seems mostly childish and lacking of true substance. To say that an organization named American Hot Boat Association was riding on the coattails of "Hot Boat Magazine" because of the word association of the two is absurd and extremely self-serving.
    To bash anyone to the point that this article did is both unprofessional and lacking of true journalism skill.
    Hot Boat Magazine in my opinion is nothing short of a glorified advertising forum with tidbits of helpul and relevant information regarding boating and all that enthralls it.
    I do however continue to enjoy the boats that I will one day own and the gadgets that keep me coming back to this sometimes skewed magazine; and for that, I am grateful.
    Daniel

LASERRAY
    ***boat has a Magazine?
    I know, that jokes about as fresh as a Foghat concert, but it still cracks me-up.

Salty Cracker
    Very well said you big bald sexy guy!!!

RiverToysJas
    I agree completely!
    Sounding the False Alarm under Observer's Seat, in this issue was cocky, immature, off-base, and lacking class. I found most of it to be offensive towards to the very boaters who have taken this magazine to it's current level of success.
    I do enjoy the photos of the boats, and I like the effort at the back of the magazine to show the boats of it's roots. I was very disappointed to see that Sounding the False Alarm article though.
    RTJas

locogringo
    Originally posted by Salty Cracker
    Very well said you big bald sexy guy!!!
    Hey, some people might take that the wrong way! LOL
    When's your next trip hunk?
    See, it just doesn't sound like anything but gay coming froma guy, but girls talking to each other that way is okay. Go figure.
    ***boat has a Magazine?
    Go figure...LOL
    I agree completely!
    I'm glad you're with me RTJ

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by locogringo
    I'm glad you're with me RTJ
    LOL, I knew this thread was coming, and have just been waiting for you to step up!!! Didn't want to step on your toes ya know.
    RTJas

C-2

FastTimmy
    I have no coment on the article yet but would like to here some more info on why or what actions by the ***boat association has our ***boat thinking that the said association is riding on the shirttails.
    Timmy

mtndewdrops
    Don't subscribe anymore since there might be 2 paragraphs of useful information in the whole mag. You can get better pics on ***boatpics.
    Good for the bird cage though.

PHX ATC
    How come the "editor" lives in Hawaii?
    Can't handle the heat in Havasu anymore?
    I agree with Loco.
    Out.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast