Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lakers vs. Kings TONIGHT!

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by ssmike
    How about you tell "The Rapist" he'd better not drop the soap.
    Dang.
    He he he he he he he...

Budget Baller
    Here is my assesment of last night.
    Fox - Looked old and slow chasing Peja around.
    Kobe - Who by the way will be the 1st one picked for the prison games each day, played too little 'D" and spent too much time looking at the refs for a call.
    The Kings did not have Weber, Jackson or Miller. As a life long Laker fan, I honestly do not see us beating the Kings when they have everyone back on the court. Too much talent, too much athleticism. I heard they will have 4 free agents at the end of the year, anyone know who that is? Lakers need a few players.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Budget Baller
    Here is my assesment of last night.
    Fox - Looked old and slow chasing Peja around.
    Kobe - Who by the way will be the 1st one picked for the prison games each day, played too little 'D" and spent too much time looking at the refs for a call.
    The Kings did not have Weber, Jackson or Miller. As a life long Laker fan, I honestly do not see us beating the Kings when they have everyone back on the court. Too much talent, too much athleticism. I heard they will have 4 free agents at the end of the year, anyone know who that is? Lakers need a few players.
    Now I am scared... is that a little respect I hear from a Lakers fan?
    My take, the Lakers are still a premier team in the league, one of the best. I think that several other teams have matured, I don't look at it as the Lakers being any less formidible.
    The Kings are one of those teams, San Antonio was one last year. If Tim Duncan is out, they are much less so. Minnesota has been incredible the last 20+ games. Even Dallas seems to be finding their stride. Not that I think Denver could win it all this year, talk about a turnaround from last year.
    I like it this way, a horse race. Not one team dominating all... just my $.02
    And this race could belong to any one of quite a few teams.

Ducatista
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    You are good at history!
    History does not necessarily predict the future. Lakers might win, might not. Kings might win, might not. Who knows, T-wolves..?
    I think this year is a toss up..
    Oh and BTW?
    What happened last year????????
    Or was that selective memory for trash talking purposes?
    What happened last year is that we got beat by the soon to be champs(Spurs)....and you guys got beat by the Mavricks! Joke on you American boy! Actually we just felt bad for you guys after beating you in 2000,2001,&2002, so we had a sympathy loss so you would't feel all alone! J/K
    I must admit that the King-Laker rivalry is the best in the NBA. Its kinda nice to see a couple of teams that dislike each other, makes for some excellent games. Now if Shaq could only make 60% of his free throws!:frown:

Budget Baller
    Before you get too excited about the Kings losing to Dallas last year, remember that Chris Weber went down with a knee injury. I am pretty sure if the Lakers lost rapist or Shaq, we would lose too. Oh wait, we lost with them in the line up.
    Dr Eagle - Yes you have my respect for your BB team because in my opinion they are the best, the deepest, and the most talented team in the NBA. Dallas still does not know how to play defense, Minnesota while playing well, does not impress me that they can beat a team over a 7 game series. San Antonio is a legitimate threat, but you may not have to face them if they get seeded in the 4 or 5 spot, they may get taken out by someone else, not to mention, if Duncan is out, forget it, they are done.
    Go KINGS!!! - I MEAN THE LA KINGS not you Sac

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Ducatista
    What happened last year is that we got beat by the soon to be champs(Spurs)....and you guys got beat by the Mavricks! Joke on you American boy! Actually we just felt bad for you guys after beating you in 2000,2001,&2002, so we had a sympathy loss so you would't feel all alone! J/K
    I must admit that the King-Laker rivalry is the best in the NBA. Its kinda nice to see a couple of teams that dislike each other, makes for some excellent games. Now if Shaq could only make 60% of his free throws!:frown:
    Ooooh, thanks for setting the record straight.... You might as well know it, the kings have gotten the Lakeshow out of their heads.
    No one on the team is afraid of Shaq anymore and Vlade does about as good a job on him as anyone in the NBA, aside for Jehide White perhaps.
    Far as the Free Throw issue with Shaq, he needs to hire his old coach, he had him on the right path...
    On a lighter note, I gotta wonder who in LA was Vlade Divacs' Drama Coach that gave him his acting lessons. Some of those "flops" are so convincing you almost think the gurney is coming to wheel him to the hospital...

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Budget Baller
    Before you get too excited about the Kings losing to Dallas last year, remember that Chris Weber went down with a knee injury. I am pretty sure if the Lakers lost rapist or Shaq, we would lose too. Oh wait, we lost with them in the line up.
    Dr Eagle - Yes you have my respect for your BB team because in my opinion they are the best, the deepest, and the most talented team in the NBA. Dallas still does not know how to play defense, Minnesota while playing well, does not impress me that they can beat a team over a 7 game series. San Antonio is a legitimate threat, but you may not have to face them if they get seeded in the 4 or 5 spot, they may get taken out by someone else, not to mention, if Duncan is out, forget it, they are done.
    Go KINGS!!! - I MEAN THE LA KINGS not you Sac
    LOL, Where's Gretzke when you need him???
    I think it comes down to whichever team is healthy come the second and third rounds. Kings have had real problems with injuries in the playoffs in the past couple of years.
    Based upon what I have seen, I wonder if Duncan is out for the season. His knee injury looked a lot like Webers last year. I hope not... he is a great player and person.
    Your comments on the other teams is absolutely spot on, but if the Lakeshow and the Sactown Kings have a bunch of key players get hurt down the stretch... who knows? That is kind of where I was going with all that spew...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345