Hi, first time in these forums so forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. I'm looking for a good super high performance motor mechanic in North Texas or within about 100 miles is ok.
Got a 454, punched .060 over and stroked .125 extended steel rods, JE blower pistons, roller rockers, Weiand 6-71 freshly rebuilt, twin 800 holleys, etc. all the goodies
Last year I took my boat to "the" high performance guy at Lake Texoma, boy was that a big mistake, the whole summer later and a "wasn't that the motor with the cracked block or piston". I finally pulled my motor from this guy, and took it to a suggested performance shop, to find out what I suspected all along, they did the full job on the motor, checked everything, nothing wrong, dude was just trying to milk me as I suspected. I guess he thought I was an idiot? But when a pull the engine/dyno and tune went from $1500 to $6500, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, especially when it was running fine, less one small vacuum leak when I took it in.
My performance shop did the usual, new rings, new bearings, honed cylinders, etc, and put her back together for a fraction of the cost.
Well anyway, now I need someone to help me get her back together. I don't have the time/facilities and need someone who is good and honest. I have no problem spending $$ as long as it's legit, unlike dude at Texoma... won't mention any names but it's "the" high performance shop up there, the only one I know of...