I was walking across the street about 2 hours ago and got hit by a 20 yr old dude who wasn't paying attention and talking on the cell phone. He was making a left turn and trying to beat the oncoming traffic. Nothing broke in me (thank god...wearing a plastic bag at the sandbar would be pretty lame) but I did a number on my ankle and got scraped up pretty good and smacked my shoulder on the ground. I got up and dragged my ass at least 100 ft and over to his window, opened the door and somehow pulled him out. I took him down to the ground, but couln't really do anything since 3 other people were already pulling me off.
A cop was just around the corner but didn't see it. After doing the paperwork and assuring me that the other guy was in the wrong, he tells me that I could be in trouble since I "provoked him" after the accident. Now this dude didn't even get out of his car after he hit me and everyone was screaming for him to stop and all that. He saw me, we made eye contact as I went onto the hood, then stopped as I went over the driver side--there are skid marks on the street--then he kept on going 100 ft down the road.
I didn't even fight the guy but since I forcefully removed him from the car I'm probably ****ed
I'm not really interested in suing this jackass, but what do y'all think about this?
Two reasons I'm lucky...
1.The guy was driving an eclipse=nice low hood line+sloped windshield
2.I ran out of clean boxers so I wore boardshorts under my pants today, saved my ass(literally)